Color Bulb Rule with Colors

Didn’t I see a video of the color bulb being set to change colors to blue when it was time to take out the trash? Why do I not see color changing as an option on the color bulb rules? I only see white and temperature.

5 Likes

It looks like there isn’t currently an action for changing the color of the color bulb in rules. I think this is an excellent idea and you should add this to the #wishlist. Some color bulb orders may ship soon so hopefully we’ll be able to confirm this.

I just got my bulbs in and I was very surprised to see that I couldn’t control the color via rules. I ordered 8 bulbs and the only thing I wanted to do with them was setup rules to control colors. I have about 60 Wyze products now and when a new one launches and the one thing that makes it different isn’t possible to use, it really makes it feel like Wyze doesn’t care about actually making stuff work when they launch it.

1 Like

Okay. Who thought it was a good idea to have a smart colored bulb and not have the ability to automate it?

WYZE RULES DOESN’T WORK.
IFTTT DOESN’T WORK.

If I want to do it manually, I’d have gotten an RGB bulb with a remote instead.

Wyze, please fix this.

4 Likes

Per the Wyze website:

Coming Spring 2021

Shine a brighter light on important reminders. Create time-based color events or automate using other Wyze devices to create powerful visual notifications all in the Wyze app.

1 Like

Umm, it’s almost Summer 2021.

Don’t shoot the messenger… :smiley:

They finally got it, at least on my beta app.

Which beta app do you have? I haven’t seen it for IOS yet.

1 Like

iOS 2.20.151 (2) and the bulb firmware is 1.2.0.353

Using the same version but I don’t see any option for color.

That’s odd.

I’m thinking my app hasn’t updated properly…I don’t see the (2) in the version. Could also be my Rules Engine update hasn’t completed since I don’t see the new interface.

1 Like

It’s probably the rules engine. A FAQ states “You can test this! To do that, create a new schedule. If you see the new design with the day abbreviations in circles instead of written out, you’re using the new Rule Engine!”. I have the abbreviations here.

1 Like

This has to do with the new Rules engine which is being rolled out gradually for testing purposes. You will eventually be migrated to the new engine. As @puffybutter indicated and the image provided, you will know you are on the new Rules engine if the Days of the week appear as his image shows.

1 Like

How do we know when we are being migrated? This is really starting to bother me. I love wyze and all their products but this should have been part of the deal when you purchased the color bulbs. I have been waiting and know it’s coming I just wish I knew if it was this week or next month.

I am not sure when it will be fully released. I am a community member as well. However, you will know if you have when you see he days of the week in Green circles when creating a rule. It should look like this:

1 Like

Yeah I understand that part. I’m just waiting around for it. That’s the most frustrating part, knowing it’s out there and not knowing when I will be able to use it. I really want to start using it. For practical reasons not just for fun haha