CMC Refund with Cam Plus Transition - 7/29/20

I was going to post the Great Success gif but aside from his role as Original King Julian I can’t stand that guy.

1 Like

Wyze promise Person Detection going to be FREE forever. Now wyze change the name to cam plus and add person Detection and charge more money for something was promised to be FREE.
Now I going to pay for 1.49 for CMC and .50c for person dectection for each Camera

5 Likes

Not exactly. CAM Plus is CMC with Person Detection added.
Person Detection on it’s own isn’t free but you choose the price, so far.
It is confusing.

3 Likes

I believe that is for Legacy PD users only.

1 Like

Person Detection supposed to be FREE for life now you are paying $. 50 per camera.

3 Likes

Yes and no. Long story. You may be grandfathered for the name-your-price “experiment”. As noted, confusing.

https://forums.wyzecam.com/t/person-detection-update-a-new-experiment-for-premium-features/

2 Likes

So, if you never used PD in the past you can only get it by subscribing to CAM Plus? How are they ever going to arrange that?

1 Like

I don’t think Jason is being accurate on this one? I think he just meant the promisees.

1 Like

Sorry for the confusing implementation! It’s been pretty tricky to figure out the balance between trying to keep the promise to the best of our ability and making sure it’s something we can do long-term. We know it’s kinda complicated. :sweat_smile:

Person Detection on its own with the price choice option will only be available for people had Wyze accounts before we made the promise when we had to announce the partnership ending. For people outside of that cohort, they will need to subscribe to Cam Plus to use Person Detection.

6 Likes

I never used person detection , so, it now looks like in the future, I will pay more for CMC even though, I don’t want person detection

3 Likes

Just to be even more clear, PD without CAM Plus will not be available for new WYZE customers?

5 Likes

What do you mean?

1 Like

She means the new “experiment” at

5 Likes

630 reply loll. I have stop reading at 150.

2 Likes

Post #1 is all you need to answer your quedtion.

3 Likes

Yes, that is correct. Sorry, my brain is a bit sludge-like at the moment. Thanks for clarifying for me, @Customer!

2 Likes

Looks that way.
Too bad. They seem like two distinct services to me.

1 Like

This is my question. Don’t get me wrong here… I and extremely happy that CMC now works with PD because a lot of people including me want PD and CMC to work together.

My question is what happens to the people who have no need for PD? Why are they forced to pay more per month they don’t need PD. Think about this… someone may want longer event recordings to monitor their pets. They may have it at a gate. With the new outdoor camera I will be putting it at my gate. While I would still use the PD there others may not. Because for the most part, only cars drive up to my gate. Even if there was a person I could go back and rewatch that event.

While I love that CMC and PD work together I feel that Wyze users should not be forced to pay extra if they don’t need PD. I would like to see Wyze five users the option to use CMC by itself for $1.49/month/per cam or $14.99/year/cam or CMC + PD together for $1.99/month/per cam or $19.99/year/per cam.

Just a thought…

1 Like

For users accounts before november:

« When Person Detection for 12-second event videos officially launches, you will be able to name your price. You can select $0 and use it for free »

I wanted to be sure that hadn’t changed in the 630 replies.

For Cam Plus, it’s clear for me. Thank you🙂

3 Likes

Ok so… let me try and understand this… PD is still free for people who had Wyze accounts before November. CMC has always been $1.49/month per cam.

Now that PD works with CMC it’s .50 cents more per month.

Wait I though PD was still free?

So… if I want CMC I have to pay more than it was originally but if I just use PD regularly it’s free.

Just trying to understand how this makes sense? Anyone else understand this?

I guess maybe it’s because the event clips are longer but… I thought the extra costs was determining whether or not there is a person in the video not storage for the video.

So as far as I can see it shouldn’t cost anymore to check a video clip whether 12 seconds or 12 minutes. The AI scans the video and says person or not right?

Am I missing something?