If I have a 32G chip in the camera do the events also get stored in the cloud. If so can I opt out of cloud storage?
SD card and cloud storage are totally independent. You can do either without the other. To disable cloud storage, turn off motion detection setting.
Thanks for your response Rick. So can I have motion detection on for just the 32G chip in the camera?
Yes, as follows:
- Go to the camera’s live stream
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Event Recording
- Turn off the Detects Motion and Detects Sound switches
- Go back to the main Settings page
- Tap Advanced Settings > Local Storage
- Turn on Local Recording to Micro SD Card
- Tap Record Events Only button
That’s it. You will now be saving only motion events to the SD card with nothing going to the cloud.
The SD card will save every full minute of video (from mm:00 to mm:59) that contains any motion.