Clips older than 2 weeks

Is there anyway to get clips over 2 weeks old from the Wyze cloud? I tried to get a clip from 7/4/20 but the app kept closing on me and I could not get to the clip to download it at that time. I now figured out how to get there if the app keeps closing, I go into that day and do “view playback” and bring it to the time of the clip I need and I record it and download it. BUT I need an older clip for security reasons and I cannot get to it now. Anyway to get an older clip from off the cloud?

Unfortunately, no. It is long gone. :neutral_face: You may wish to consider installing an SD card in your cam to store and retrieve footage locally.

1 Like

I have SD cards on all my cameras. How do I go back to 7/4? Cannot get there on the App

Open the camera live view.
Tap View Playback.
Select July 4 on the calendar.

2 Likes

If you have “Record events only” set, you should be able to do what @angus.black suggested. If you have “Continuous recording” set and are recording in HD, you’ll only be able to go back to 7/4 if you installed a 512GB card or larger. For reference, a 128GB card provides ~14 days of continuous HD footage.

I have in SanDisk 200GB Ultra microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card. I have on continuous recording.

Like @Seapup said, 200Gb continuous recording probably won’t take you back far enough.
You could always pull the card and read it on a computer to be sure. You can see the oldest files that way.

What if the clip is just over 1 week old and I still cannot seem to retrieve it? The SD card only goes back to 1/22 and so is the app. Today is 1/30, I need the file from 1/20. Thank you, gurus!

Welcome to the forums! The 14 day retention only applies to the cloud, not local recording (sd card recordings). How much retention you have on your sd card depends on quality, how big the card is and if you set the card to continuous recording or event recording. Once your sd card fills up, the oldest stuff is overwritten.

Thank you for your quick response. I do not remember how I set it up. How can I tell? Also, is it possible it would record to both the SD card & the cloud? My recording is set to continuous but I only plug it in to record for certain days/events. So it hasn’t been continuously recording for a full week.

What camera are you using? foremost cameras it’s similar to Click on the gear while in live view, then advanced and then local storage to see your card stats and either you have continuous or event only. The cloud recording and local storage are completely Independant if eachother, you can have one,both or neither. The cloud settings are in a different spot in settings, and to view event cloud videos, that’s in the event tab on the main page.

You may want to take the card out from the cam and view it on a computer to see what the oldest file is and if wat you want is still there.

thank you for your help, Omgitstony! I checked the advanced settings and it’s set to local recording, continuous. when I pull the SD card out & check on the computer, the first available date is 1/22 (i need 1/20), Do you know if, given these parameters, there is any way Wyze maintains a backup of my local recordings on their cloud/servers?

Nope sorry, unless it was captured as a cloud event, then it may be in your event tab if you choose the 20th. But depending on the event length, and wether you were using the free 12 sec clips or camplus, it may or may not be there.

That was confusing. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like