Climate Sensors Review (HMS Temperature and Humidity Sensors)

Hi All,

Thanks for this great review on the product itself Carverofchoice and to everyone here, thank you for being Wyze customers and providing such valuable feedback. It’s super great to see the community enjoying the products and improving their own home environment. I wanted to address some of the comments stated here and provide visibility into our to-do list.

1.) Climate sensor group - that will be coming in an upcoming app release. We initially thought that since the behavior of the climate would be different from the motion, entry, and leak (since those are either 1 or 0) that it would be better to have easier access to the climate data on the home page… and since this is a widely asked for feature, we’re moving this up our backlog and tracking to getting this implemented ASAP due to your feedback… so thank you again for that.
2.) Linking to the thermostat is also in the works. Lots of hurdles to jump through on this one, but we’re optimistic that we can get this to work with the thermostat for temperature averaging.
3.) Unfortunately, the temperature can’t be calibrated in the short term. The tolerance is around ± 0,5 C and 3% RH.
4.) 3rd party support is most definitely coming… so stay tuned.
4,5.) the Service improvements to allow you to choose your sensors will also be coming too, so that you can better choose what sensors you would like to be part of your overall aggregation environment. There’s also some other features coming down the pipeline for HMS so stay tuned for those :slight_smile:

Couple of the concerns to follow up on…

1.) For the rules, can you help me understand what the trouble is? The rules on our end has been enabled and tested, and for myself personally, I have a rule set up to trigger my Wyze bulb if my fridge ever went above degrees.

2.) And for the temperature/humidity discrepancy on the home page for iOS, is any one else having this issue. We haven’t been able to find that on our end, but we’re looking into the potential causes of it.

Thanks you again for being awesome!

3 Likes