clicking noise from cam v2

I am getting a clicking noise from the cam, like a mechanical noise. There shouldn’t really be anything mechanical inside, I assume, so not sure where and why the sound is coming from. Has anyone else noticed this in their v2 camera? Possibly from the SD slot?

The only noise I am aware of is the “click” (rather loud) it makes when switching nightvision on or off. If in auto mode, and the ambient light is low, it tends to cycle back and forth about every 10 seconds or so (unfortunately).

Thank you for the info. You were right. I played with the app and switching from auto, on, and off makes the noise as the camera cycles through on a dim hallway.

Mine does the same thing, it’s pointed at the kitchen, and when it starts to get dark out it clicks back and forth, also happens when someone turns on the kitchen light at night.

Yes I started noticing this, and I was thinking that is the camera tracking my movements. Or I was thinking someone I gave the logon to was watching me wander around. Then I unplugged the camera. LOLOL It is on again.

?I have heard the same clicking, however, I’ve noticed it happens when my two cameras are turned off. They are still connected to power so I t leads me to believe the cameras are still watching with only the shades drawn on the app viewer. ?

The clicking is the sound of the IR optical filter moving back and forth in front of the camera sensor. The filter is a tiny piece of pinkish-orangish film that attenuates infra-red wavelengths, and thus improves the color sensitivity of image capture (when the cam is not in night-vision mode). There’s a little electro-mechanical assembly that pivots back and forth when night-vision mode goes on/off.

2 Likes

I’m glad I found this thread. My family was having a discussion in the living room, and suddenly there was this clicking/tapping sound from our front window. It’s after 10:30 pm, dark, and quite cold. The porch light is off and we live at the end of a culdesac. We checked around the house, front and back as well as the sides. There’s no one around, no traffic, none of the animals that frequent our acre of property. Something in the back of my mind wondered if for some odd reason, it might be our V2 Wyze cam so I did a web search and found this thread.

With the camera inside the house facing out a window the infrared LEDs create glare on the window preventing being able to see past that glare very well once it’s dark.We had the light on above the table near where it’s located. I can easily imagine it might have caused the camera to try and cycle as has been described here and could have caused the noise we heard. But it was a little disquieting for us. :slight_smile:

take a look at this it may help you

1 Like

After the updated of software my camera AL 7 experience a STATIS sound … no night vision stuff to blame… and why all of a sudden? MUST BE BAD SOFTWARE PARCH BUT now it reads I am up to date,so I can’t redo load! CATCH-22

My v2 Camera suffered from a constant “click … click … click …” sound with any and all audio playback: Live, Recorded, Day & Night.

This articled was useful: https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360031484311-My-camera-is-constantly-clicking-

Cycling through the night vision options (On >> Auto >> Off >> On) did make a difference.

Now the clicking seems to be a bit less - but it is still present and consistent (it is just not 100% constant like it was before).

I have my camera housed in a fully enclosed case with a clear plastic window in the front.
I wonder if that is affecting the IR/Night Vision sensors?

The camera is new and I am new to the tools and software. So, I do not know if it has “always clicked” or if a recent firmware upgrade made it worse? But the audio is hard to find useful with all the clicks. Even after the IR/Night vision cycle…

Rats!