Cleaner Air Available with Wyze Air Purifier - 4/12/22

Thanks Wyze for screwing me over. You failed to let me know if I ordered the air filter via your app that the shipping cost would only be $5.99. But why didn’t I get it for free since it was over $125?

1 Like

The promotion says:

Free shipping on purchases of $125 USD or moreProducts excluded from this promotion: Wyze Robot Vacuum, Wyze Cordless Vacuum, Wyze Gun Safe, Wyze Floor Lamp, Wyze Air Purifier.

The app and the Website are fulfilled separately through different vendors, they are not connected, so one will generally not see or reference the other. So generally neither will inform anyone about the differences of the other. I would recommend checking both in the future since there are some differences. Most of the time the app seems to be slightly cheaper in general.

I too ordered from the website instead of the app early this afternoon, then learned about the shipping difference and considered canceling my order and ordering from the app instead, but then I read there were reports from people trying to order through the app that it was not letting them process orders because they were sold out even though it didn’t show sold out yet since early in the afternoon long before your previous post, which indicates you hadn’t ordered yet (neither had I):

So based on that, the app store may not have been an option for either of us to order from anyway since it was apparently sold out really early there, so there was no point in the website telling anyone to go to the app even if it was connected to the other fulfillment vendor.

After reading this I am surprised to hear you actually bought some of these devices. I am curious what changed your mind to believe these are worth buying after all or why someone would continue to buy Wyze products after being disatisfied with previous experiences and expecting them not to function as desired. Did reading some of the FAQ’s or videos from one of the influencers who got them early help change your mind to want one somehow? I would be interested in hearing what changed your mind to believe this would make a good purchase after all if you care to share. It seems there would be a good story behind such a change of mind from being against them to wanting one after all.

Anyway, I hope the above answers your questions…I know they may not be the preferred answers, please don’t shoot the messenger, just trying to help out and provide some insight as requested. :wink: Since I had already also looked into why the shipping wasn’t free and looked into the price difference and realized it was already sold out early in the app vendor anyway.

3 Likes

I ordered this because I need an air filter. I do want Wyze to succeed but they keep doing the wrong thing and and not supporting their products and making way too many new products. They continue to put out crappy software and then not fixing the bugs. They think that if they keep making new products people will forget about the past products that they didn’t support.

And it really sucks that they didn’t give long standing supporters the better shipping deal. They are very deceptive and that’s not cool!

This type of internet criticism is so very old … “They continue to put out crappy software and not fixing bugs”. You came here specifically just to crap on them for releasing something. Not helpful [Mod Edit].

You are using a blanket statement to make your point but by doing that, you invalidate your opinion. You offer nothing in the way of specific examples, just a sweeping dismissive statement.

Fortunately; reality is not what you say. Their products work, not always perfect, but they work. Microsoft was/is/will never be, perfect… They have broken MILLIONS of computers world-wide with updates through their history… bugs, bugs, & more bugs…

I have the Cameras, Thermostat, Lock, Vacuum, Wall Switches, Plugs, Bulbs, Motion/Contact sensors, Light Strips… I basically have it all… My house is a Wyze ecosystem. It all works. and it all works “together”.

I come home… Thermostat turns to the temperature I want, the front door unlocks, the cameras turn off notifications and stand-down, and the lights kick on in rooms of the house (whatever color I have chosen) as I walk through. It’s true smart-home automation.

If I leave, the reverse happens… all those devices put themselves to sleep and/or arm themselves.

So, @Resist, I counter your blanket-statement, with actual real-world happenings of using these “buggy” products. You are wrong. They work (not perfect but pretty good). You may need to educate yourself as to how they work.

We often fear what we don’t understand.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

3 Likes

Awesome chart! Not sure where that came from, I was looking for that info in the Knowledge Articles but couldn’t even find the Air purifier.

So, it looks like each of the filters already has a prefilter. Is that integrated or can it be removed\washed\reused?

1 Like

Well lets see…all my V2 cameras (around a dozen) and several V1 Pan cameras have the pink flash issue, which Wyze still has not addressed. Then there is the reduced motion sensing range they implemented many firmware updates ago. My Wzye Band strap causes redness to my wrist (and many others) and I still can’t delete background pictures uploaded to it because Wyze hasn’t added a delete option. The Cordless Vacuum dust bin gasket falls out when emptying and many people have lost it to the trash without even knowing it. The Handheld vacuum HEPA filter is so small that it gets dirty extremely fast and replacements are inexpensive. The Wyze light bulbs are a pain to sync to the app, especially when the fixture uses more than one bulb. Then there is the camera AI, which has no problems labeling parked vehicles yet can’t label the people walking their dogs in front of the vehicle. And while I do like the Wyze Gun Safe, the finger print scanner often doesn’t recognize my print and I’ve rescan it several times. I haven’t had to rescan my print into the iPhone 7 since owning it, nor my MacBook Pro. Oh and lets not forget about how often their servers go down, which really hinders security cameras.

Now with all that said, there are several products I do like, the Wyze Lamp, the Wyze Scale, Cordless Vacuum (minus the gasket issue), the V3 camera, gun safe (minus the finger print issue) and the Floodlight now that I got one that works, even though I wish they had used soft white LED’s.

My issue is that Wyze is not quick to address issues anymore and their customer support is lacking accessibility and knowledgable personnel. Reading from a script and making me repeat troubleshooting steps that I’ve already done several times before even contacting them is a huge waste of my time. But many of their product issues could have been greatly reduced had they tested them enough prior to release. Instead their business model is about making more and more products as quickly as possible, no matter if they work as advertised. Wyze seems to spend a lot of money on flashy product videos instead of actual quality products.

1 Like

Thanks buddy. I made the chart myself from gathering all the info on all the differences, and FAQs, etc Wyze published among the various locations. :slight_smile: I knew I wanted that info, so I figured others must also be wanting it.

I think the prefilter is integrated, and I have not heard about the possibility of removing or washing it, but I’m sure we’ll have people checking it out and looking into ways to extend it’s life somehow. We’ll just have to see.

3 Likes

Again, since that is your work product, awesome chart! (©️Carverofchoice 2022)

Thank you for the extra effort!

I think Wyze Brenda could use that one for the Knowledge Articles.

3 Likes

Does the purifier have a UV light? Based on what I can tell it does not.

2 Likes

No, there is no UV light with this air purifier.

2 Likes

Super excited for this new product! I was a bit slow to pull the trigger and it is now out of stock. Is there any ETA or emailing list to sign up to be notified for stock availability?
Otherwise I would have to set up a bot to check for page change -_-

You’re support team cannot cancel a order right after it was placed wrong??? Can’t believe the the horrible customer service from Wyze definitely will not buy anymore products and definitely not recommend to anyone I know terrible customer service!! Was trying to order new air filter too!!

I had a special request to update my chart with some other information, so here’s the new and improved updated version with more info at a glance:

11 Likes

Bought an IKEA air purifier 6 months ago, and just bought more paper and carbon filters. It is not smart other than knowing when to change the filters.
Have 2 Amazon air quality sensors. Neither interfaces with the other.

My investment in 2 Amazon air quality monitors, the IKEA air purifier, 3 carbon filters, and 3 paper filters is well over $200. Shoulda coulda woulds bought the Wyze instead

2 Likes

Any chance we can get the firmware update notes? When you click on the what’s new after the update the air purifier is not even listed.

2 Likes

@Somebody
Welcome to the community. We apologize for the delay in getting that posted, it can now be found at the following link

4 Likes

With my experience with Wyze they will give you filters for free or cheap and once you have more than one unit they will jack the price big time on you.

1 Like

So you have several of these Air Purifiers then. You must have been impressed to buy several.

What did the price of the filters used to be before they raised the prices on you? Eager to learn.

Mine is currently cranking away… AQI in the house is 360 after steak dinner.

I do like the data that it gathers vs. the local pollen/tree stuff.

Time will tell if it helps. I blew some smoke at it that I had laying around the house and it immediately went to 500. It seems like a clever little thing.

Will know more after 24 hours of use I’m sure.

Easy to setup and nice form factor. It has actions in the Rules to Turn it Off / On / Sleep / Auto. It will also turn on if it senses you are coming home (it’s an option to turn on/off within the settings of the purifier). Both Alexa & Google work (voice and routines). It is Wi-Fi (2.4 Ghz only). I had to update firmware out of the box to 1.03 from 1.01. It seemed to freeze at first try, then I powered it off and on. Let it sit… and then tried the firmware update. It updated in about 3 minutes then.

Everything is working as advertised. Time will tell if there is a noticeable effect. We have one of the Winix Air Purifiers and it seems to help. Tonight, Wyze is purifying for us… or is it?

I will update later.

-Earl

P.S. For you eager beavers (me) who might want to rush and plug it and turn it on… don’t!! The air filter has a plastic bag on it. This is detailed perfectly in the instructions for those that read those types of things. To my credit this time, I went slow with it and read everything and didn’t get tripped up by this… but “past Earl” would’ve ran right past that step and plugged that ‘mofo’ in! Is ‘mofo’ allowed in the forum?

1 Like

So far I’m just confused if this is worth the money. During setup immediately ran into a brick wall when it tried to connect and the setup told me the WiFi logo should be blinking. It wasn’t, and the setup didn’t tell me what action to take it just said try again.

Finally figured out how to toggle on WiFi to do the setup from the full manual. Not sure why you would send with it off or not include instructions during setup.

Now mine has been on for about 8 hours, and I’m not sure I understand what information in supposed to get from this graph. It’s as if it thinks my air quality is perfect, if that’s the case I guess I better return it for not being needed!