Classic Power Plug

“FO” mark in vertical. (whatever that means…?)

hey @Newshound @W0QR @Sam_Bam

so I had to look into this a bit more…and considering my avatar I think it was my responsibility. lol

so in a search of that “key” here’s what I found.

1- what I searched
key

2- hmmmm nerdiness…this is the Wyze way.

3- the breakdown.

this looks to be one of those instances where a programmer was let out of the Wyze dungeon and got their input put on something. :slight_smile: you would definitely have to had to gone down a rabbit hole to be familiar with this stuff.

and considering what it does with Bluetooth to streamline the setup process I would definitely say it fits with the acronym.

1 Like

That symbol is an EUTM registered trademark (018036748) owned by Amazon Technologies, Inc.

2 Likes

I wonder why they went through Europe for it…

March of 2029…I say we buy it

1 Like

Is it better to get Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connection? It seems the Wi-Fi connection is better because I won’t always need to have active Bluetooth on my device. Also, sometimes the Wi-Fi and the Bluetooth connection intercept, and there might be connection issues.

I don’t really understand your question. The classic plug uses wi-fi for initial setup whereas the new versions use bluetooth. Both work using wi-fi once setup.

2 Likes

I want to get several Wi-Fi vont smart plugs for my house. I will be a part of my smart home ecosystem. I need them to be able to turn electrical appliances off remotely. It’s also cool that I would be able to control them even while being away from the house. I will also use one for my outdoor lights because it is possible to create a schedule there for any device.

1 Like

These would need to be placed in a full weatherproof enclosure if used outdoors. They are not weatherproof or outdoor rated.