Change Wifi Network

wyze-cam

Hello,

How do you change the Wifi Network that the camera is accessing? I moved and no longer have access to my old wifi network. I have a new wifi network setup, but can’t figure out how to get my camera to access the new network.

Shawn A

Will I have to do the set up process every time I move my Wyze Cam?
You can unplug and move your Wyze Cam after it has been set up in your Wyze App.

If you plug in your Wyze Cam in an area covered by the same Wi-Fi network that you originally set it up in (for example, moved your Wyze Cam to a different room in your house), your Wyze Cam will automatically re-connect to your Wyze App. Watch the status indicator light on the back of the camera – it should change from solid yellow to flashing yellow & blue to solid blue as your Wyze Cam re-establishes the connection.

If you plug in your Wyze Cam in an area that is covered by a different Wi-Fi network (for example, moved your Wyze Cam from your home to your office), you’ll need to set it up again in the Wyze App. In the Devices tab, tap the + in the top-right corner and follow the app’s set-up instructions.

If you want to transfer ownership of your Wyze Cam to a different user, give the Wyze Cam to the new user and have them set it up as a new device in their Wyze account.

RickO is correct.

I have connected one of my Wyzecams to another wifi and back. I never “deleted” the device, just added it again.

I setup from Android, so if you have iPhone the procedure may be different.

While the camera is turned on, press the reset button. It will then chirp and tell you it is ready for setup. Open your Wyze app and tap the “+” at the top right next to Devices. I did not delete the original. I then tapped I heard “Ready to connect”. I did have to re-enter both the SSID and password, I am not sure why it couldn’t give me a list of the SSID’s it could detect, but for me it did not (using Android Wyze App version 1.2.50). Then held the displayed QR code in front of the camera, and it detected and said “QR code scanned. Please wait”. Then it says “Setup Completed” pressed next and the App connects to the Camera and asks for Camera Name. It replaces the previous device with the same “id”, I assume it is the MAC address displayed under device info on the App, I don’t know, but the Wyze server recognizes it as the same device. The other settting do not appear to get changed, alert schedule, camera mode, motion detection, etc.

So other than having to reenter the SSID, wifi password and Camera name, I didn’t have to go through the complete setup. In other words, if you know your wifi credentials and what you want the camera name to be, it doesn’t take long to reuse with a different wifi.

Just reset my camera and I am still able to see previously recorded video on the SD card I have in the camera, so it doesn’t reformat the card when resetting the camera.