Catching rats in the act!

before I purchase… need your best cameras recommendation for the fastest Instant Motion Detection/Recording for catching RATS that are killing my canaries. Rats enter during the NIGHT to an OUTDOOR Aviary. I will follow your recommendation of which model/models of cameras to surround the cage 10’ x 5’ x 8’high to find out how the Rats are entering the Aviary. There is electricity on site or if the Battery Operated are best, or both with SD card , whatever. I use: Samsung Galaxy cell, Chromebook, Ipads & Desktop.

V2 camera, with uSD installed, and set for continuous recording. Likely want several so you can view from different angles.

2 Likes

Yes definitely V2’s. Buy from Amazon for fast shipping and easy return if you have a problem.
Get some birdhouses :point_down: and you’re good to go.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081495Q9V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also, I’ve had zero problems with these :point_down:.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XWMQ81P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

if I get 4 V2’s … do they plug into a 120v receptacle? The cable looks like it has USB connection to a computer. Is there a compatible device that can power all 4 V2’s?

thanks for your help. I’ve ordered extra 20 ft USB cables, weather housings & SD cards from Amazon but ordered 4 V2’s directly from WYZE to get the camera and app support.
I hope this works.

I can testify to their ability to video rats. E we had a problem last summer and using the V2’s recommended by @Hemiand @K6CCC I was able to see their access and paths. It will work for you.
Just s couple of points. Support for the cams and the app comes from Wyze no matter where you purchase. You can reach them online at Wyze Support
Live support is available:+1-206-339-9646
Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PST
The USB port on the back can be used to daisy chain the cams together. Just be aware that there is a power from each one to the next. loss

1 Like

The power cord that plugs into the back of the V2 or Pan cameras is a USB micro-B connector. The cameras come with a USB wall wart, or you can plug them into some other USB power source. For example I have plugged cameras into a USB batter pack for temp portable operations, and I have one in my truck that plugs into a cigarette lighter to USB adapter. If you plug it into a computer, it is only a power source.
There is also a USB A connection (what your PC has) that can be used to daisy chain to a second camera.