Can't View Outdoor Cam When Away From Home

I have 3 outdoor cams set up. When I am home and on my home Wi-Fi I can access all the cameras and the picture is good. Signal strength to the base is good on all three cameras.
Anytime I try to access it when I am off my home network (but have great reception/Wi-Fi) the picture almost immediately becomes pixelated and unusable. Anyone else have this issue, any fixes?

What does https://www.speedtest.net/ report for speeds? Run test from home

Upload would be important offsite

I’m sure that’s exactly what it is, my upload speed is pretty terrible. I’m in the process of switching ISPs this week so hopefully that will resolve the issue.
I’m curious why it is worse when I’m off network, is that just the nature of upload speeds?

Thanks for your help!!!

Most broadband connections are asymmetrical and have far greater download speed versus upload speed. While I have a 500 Megabit download speed from Comcast… upload is only about 20-25 Megabit. That video has a far smaller pipe to go out on when you are offsite. At home… bandwidth is related to whatever your local Wifi network supports.

1 Like

That makes a lot of sense, thanks again!

Hey @Jrose,

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the forums! I would also recommend upgrading your router if issues continue even after switching your internet service provider.

Older routes eventually degrade in performance and may cause unwanted issues like the one you stated.

I hope all is well! Let us know how it goes.

/ken