Can't use WYZE plugs without internet?!?!?

I have office lights buried behind my workstation so I bought a WYZE plug to control them remotely. They are connected to a WiFi router that my phone is also connected to. My internet goes out from time to time and when it does, I CANNOT turn my lights off without crawling under my desk and yanking out the plug. This seems like a completely unresonable design choice to make a customer go through this level of hassle. How in the world do you have an oversight like this that is going to make me abondon the WYZE eco-system?!?!? Such a stupid business loss for such an easy fix. And I can’t possbly be the only customer who wants to control ALL OF THEIR DEVICES WITHOUT THE INTERNET!!! Hell, let’s make it so you don’t even need the internet in the first place to setup the devices. WOW, can you even imagine how happy customers would be and how many more people would be buying the product??? But, sadly, no. Why would you want to make more money as a company? Makes absolutely no sense. I love the harware, but the software is really holding back the usefulness, value, and desirability of the products.

SOLUTION (which I shouldn’t even have to suggest): Give the APP the ability to be used OFFLINE and still have access to the WiFi. WHY IS THIS NOT DEFAULT? This solves not just this problem, but a multitude of other issues as well.

Oh, well. That’s my rant. That’s my hail-mary throw of hope. Let’s see if anyone actually catches it and scores a touchdown.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Local Network Control of Wyze devices when internet down