Can't use my phone normaly w/out stopping SD card recording

While continues recording to a 32GB memory card in SD or HD it will stop recording if I have to use my phone as a normal phone or for anything else. It pops up and says “saved successfully” This is crap if I have to use my phone or any other aps on it or make an emergency call or any other type.
Whats the deal?

If you are talking about saving a video to an SD card that is in your phone I do not believe the Wyze app is designed for background recording.

If you mean an SD card in the camera, that should continue regardless of what your phone is doing.

It would also help to mention what camera you are using…

1 Like

Is the 32 gig card in your phone? Or in the camera? Like @Customer asked, which camera are you using? Sounds like you are using the manual record button from the live or playback screen, like this:

I’d say that’s more for saving short clips to your device from live, or played back footage from the card in the camera. If you go into the device settings for whatever cam you are using (anything but wco), then advanced settings, you’ll see local storage settings. This is where you control the sd card recording. This will happen within the camera if you have it enabled, and doesn’t need 24/7 open app. Here are what the local storage looks like if its enabled and you have a card in the camera.

2 Likes

Yes, please provide an accurate description. What camera are you working with, what operation are you performing?

Any continuous recording should be to a SD card inserted in your device.

Ok I think I had been taping on immediate record from the home screen where it is live stream displayed. So it seems like from the "Settings/advanced Settings/Local Storage/Continuous, I am able to exit the "Wyze app while the camera continues to record or Motion only record regardless of the phone use. Sorry bout that ppl. I guess I was stuck on stupid that day, BTW Wyzecam ver. 1 encased in a 3rd party housing for outdoor use. Micro SD card 32 Gb. Latest Firmware updated, Android phone.

Ok I think I had been taping on immediate record from the home screen where it is live stream displayed. So it seems like from the "Settings/advanced Settings/Local Storage/Continuous, I am able to exit the "Wyze app while the camera continues to record or Motion only record regardless of the phone use. Sorry bout that ppl. I guess I was stuck on stupid that day, BTW Wyzecam ver. 1 encased in a 3rd party housing for outdoor use. Micro SD card 32 Gb. Latest Firmware updated, Android phone.

If you have local storage (event only, continuous recording) enabled, you don’t have to do a thing as the camera will record to the sd card in the camera automatically now. Also if you have cloud recording enabled, that happens automatically without user input needed.

The manual “record” and “take picture” buttons on live and playback are a completely seperate recording feature from local storage, and cloud recording.

1 Like

Thank you and all the others who responded. Sorry for the use of crappy in my blog, I get stuck on stupid sometimes but it got me the answer i couldn’t figure out myself. :grinning: :grinning: