Can't turn notifications OFF with bell icon

i see a lot of people have trouble not receiving their notifications of activity but i’m having trouble turning them off. 1st question: does the bell icon turn off the “send push notification” switch or just disable the notifications but leave the switch in the ON position? 2nd question: am i alone in having trouble stopping notifications with either the bell or the slider switch?

The bell icon is a duplicate of the switch found at Account > App Settings > Notifications.

Here’s some more info on the three places to control notifications:

1. Per camera in the cameras Settings > Event Recording > Send Push Notification. This can be controlled by the camera owner or shared user and will affect both. This does affect Smoke/CO Alarm push notifications.

2. Globally on an account basis by tapping the bell icon on the top right of the home screen, or using the switch in Account > Notifications. This affects only the owners or shared users login account on all devices they have logged in to the Wyze app.

3. In the phone’s OS settings, which can enable or disable all notifications from any particular app. This applies to only that particular phone/tablet. (Note: this is not possible in some versions of Android.)

You can think of the three notification control options as three concentric rings or gates. If the inner gate (level-1, per camera) is closed, no notifications get beyond that level. If the gate is open, then the notification can attempt to get past the next level (level-2, account), etc.

1 Like

idk, maybe it’s me but i think i understand the controls and they just don’t seem to do anything that makes sense. i get txts when i turn it off and i don’t get txts when i turn it on and then all of the sudden, it’s working properly.

@18wheelz what OS are you on? android or apple?

iphone 6.

Hi, when you say “Turn Notifications Off”, do you mean your phone is dinging and you don’t want it to be, or do you mean your Wyze Band is Dinging, and you don’t want it to be. These have different solutions.