Can't read QR code, wifi connection issues

I’m trying to connect my Wyze camera but it’s not reading the QR code. The only difference I can see in setup in the YouTube video is my app is prompting me to type in my wifi name rather than automatically populating it. I am connected to the 2.4 ghz rather than the 5.0 ghz. I’m not getting any error messages associated with the wifi. I can get to the QR code screen but the camera just keeps repeating ready to connect.

What device are you using to try and scan?

Try checking this link out!

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022500911-QR-Code-Troubleshooting

Wyze cam v2

What device are you scanning from? Ex: Android, Apple, etc.

Android s9

I finally got it to read the QR code (didnt do anything differently) but now it’s saying that it cant find the specified network. I’m sitting in the same room as the router so there should be no connectivity issues. I still don’t understand why the app isnt populating the network like the video and having me manually type it it.

I had to type mine in initially for my first camera, but after that it was auto populated. just type it in.

It took 3 hours of repeatedly restarting everything but I finally got it set up. Still not sure what was wrong in the first place.

that is quite odd. keep us updated if you have any further issues.

Thank you for all of the help!

My camera are having the same problem. Do I have to delete them all and install agian?