Hello folks, thank you very much in advance for reading my post.
A few months ago all my cameras failed to update via wifi. I restarted and all of them minus one updated without problems. Only one Pan Cam displayed an error code 90 so I checked here, followed the instructions till faced the step to manually upgrade using an SD card since nothing else solved the problem. My problem is I never get to the steady blue light. I’m stuck and can’t figure out how to proceed.
I understand that the steeps I need to follow are simple and clear but I’m going to write the each one of them so you can follow.
- Format the SD card in FAT32
- Copy the firmware file content into the memory
- Insert the memory on the slot
- Keep the reset button pressed
- Power on the camera (fixed yellow light is displayed)
- Wait for around 5 seconds till camera makes a sound (similar to the one it makes when changing from normal to night vision)
- 5 more seconds and the yellow light blinks a fraction of a second to blue and back to yellow
- 5 more seconds and the startup test begins while the yellow light flashes and keeps flashing and repeating ready to connect. The motor turns the base and the lens moves to do the startup test.
I never get the steady blue (or blueish) light that indicates that the camera is installing from the SD card. I’ve tried 2 different sd cards of 32gb, formatted them in FAT32, copied the .bin file, tried to power with two different power adapters and cables, but still can get a solid blue (or blueish light).
If I remove the sd card and reset the camera it detects the wifi, connects with the app, scans the QR code but when it tries to connect to somewhere (I believe the server to update) it gives the Error Code 90.
I’m in this loop, checked the forum and found similar problems all with the same solution: Install firmware manually. Is there anything else I should try?
Thank you again for your comemnts.