Can't get sprinkler schedule to work

Here is a reddit thread talking about this issue:

I opened a ticket yesterday. It is unbelievable this has been going on so long without a fix. The core function of this device is to turn the sprinklers on via a schedule. Sprinkler controllers from all sorts of companies have been getting this done for decades, but Wyze can’t seem to make it happen. This is all extremely frustrating and disappointing. The only work arounds I see in this thread are to replace the sprinkler controller and give up on Wyze. Is this what Wyze recommends? Are they monitoring this thread? Is there any update?

1 Like

Add me to the list. I haven’t had a schedule run since 5/20/22. I’m not sure what is going on, but this is definitely ridiculous. I went on vacation for a week, and came home to a near disaster! Fortunately I have been able to perform some manual runs, and it rained here this week. Otherwise, I would be in huge trouble.

@WyzeShanee - Do we have any kind of ETA on this fix? I either need some reassurance beyond “please be patient”, or I need to return this unit and buy a controller that I can depend on.

Oh, and I had previously ranted and raved about my controller. It was hands-down my favorite Wyze product. Paying for Sprinkler+ was one of my easiest no-brainer purchases this year. I was even sending friends and neighbors to buy one. Whoops! Now to some, I have become that friend who no one trusts for advice anymore. Wyze people, if there is one thing you do well it is to turn promoters into detractors.

Same here, sprinkler plus last worked for me on 6/04, my subscription renewed on 6/10, and appears active. The schedule shows every day that it should start tomorrow, and then tomorrow comes with no run. It’s been hot and dry here for 6 days now, and my lawn is getting pretty brown. I just switched to a manual schedule and it started on its own today, we’ll see about tomorrow.
Any hope for a fix coming from Wyze, or at least the acknowledgement of an issue?

Hi all, we have been working on this issue and have a sync with our team tonight. I will provide more updates as soon as I can. So far we have finished a new ESP communication firmware and plan to start beta testing the firmware (ETA update after my meeting tonight). I will make sure everyone is added to the beta when it’s ready.

3 Likes

Thank you. Update. My irrigation controller is popping on and off line. Events start but system goes offline and does not record the event as complete. When it is offline it is not irrigating as the app says it will. If you are not home then you cannot confirm irrigation has occurred. It is 108 degrees where we live. A tree costs $300 new and a mature tree is worth thousands. This is a very expensive problem. We have over ten thousand dollars worth of landscaping that we have put thousands of dollars of water onto for the past 15 years. Only to have your faulty product kill it all.

This will also be the 3rd firmware problem since Christmas. Older controllers do not have the problem. My son has one with none of these problems running FW 1.0.4.

Please fix this in the next ten calendar days for good!!! Or customers will be forced to seek products from your competitors. Do not want to but summer on the southwest is unforgiving.

1 Like

We are having many of the same issues. Our first issue was the schedule starting then shutting off immediately. That was fixed with 1.0.8.

Next problem is always losing connection to wifi. This “could” be my own issue. The unit is pretty far away. Although I have cameras further away and they stay connected.

Currently the problem is the schedule starts but watering does not happen. Watering is supposed to start at 8am. There is no notification that it started but if you open the app, it shows its running. I am able to start it manually and notifications work.

I created a rule to start the watering at a certain time and it worked. So I am going to attempt to create 4 rules. One for each zone I have and see if that works consistently.

Update.

My device is offline. It says that it will water based on my schedule until 02 Sep, but the schedule only has entries out for another week. Then it says it will revert to my offline schedule. Those watering events are NOT happening. Cannot verify my offline schedule because your controller must be connected to a network to view or make changes to a schedule.

The controller’s behavior is as if it had just been plugged in. The numbers are blue and flashing quickly from 1 to 8 across the face of the device. It is looking for a WiFi network. So this new issue is a connection issue, not a clock issue that 1.0.8 fixed.

I have WiFi devices much further away from my router than the Wyze Irrigation Controller so the problem is not on my end. Plus the controller worked fine for several months. Even when the internal clock error caused irrigation events to last only second the connection was fine.

The app has the controller’s IP address. That IP is not on my WiFi router’s list of clients. But the MAC is listed under a client names WYZE. That wireless client is listed as attached to the network while the controller was “offline” and searching for a WiFi connection.

The app’s schedule has an irrigation event scheduled for 0702 this morning. That time came and went an no irrigation event occurred. The event remain on the schedule in the app event though that time has passed until 0712 when the event just disappeared from the app.

I just performed an unplug reboot of the controller. It is now online. Running quick runs through the app to make up for two days of missed watering.

So the users manual states that if the device goes offline it will continue to run the scheduled events and then switch to offline schedule. That is not happening. When my device drops offline it does not irrigate with either the scheduled events or the offline schedule.

In summary. The Wyze irrigation controller is dropping offline and enters the mode of searching for a network. My WiFi Router still has the device listed as an active client when the controller is in that state. While in that state the controller does not performed scheduled events as your documentation states. Today I disabled the two unused zones in the app and activated an offline schedule. I will try and test that feature the next time it drops offline.

I cannot risk this behavior during our next trip this summer. I must shift to another product before then. Please advise on when this error will be fixed.

I’m planning to release our beta firmware today. I’m confirming two things with our firmware engineer before releasing it - making sure it doesn’t affect Quick Run and checking our thoroughness of initial testing.

Once beta is released everyone in beta can update immediately. (Anyone can join beta by going to the 2.32 Wyze app > Account tab > About > Beta Program > Enroll and select Sprinkler).

4 Likes

Firmware 1.0.9 is available on beta now.

Full transparency, one user reported that his schedule works on 1.0.9 but delays a few minutes before starting. Others had no issues with schedules starting on time. And for all Quick Run worked as usual.

We are continuously improving and inspecting 1.0.9. I hope this alleviates the issue for the time being.

2 Likes

Well, no changes with the new firmware. I updated to 1.0.9. I deleted my schedules. Created new schedules. And at the scheduled time the job starts but no watering.

Here is a screen shot of the job,

I can start a manual run with no problems

I updated to 1.0.9 and had the same result as norcal927. It says its running but nothings happening. Need this fixed ASAP please.

Is the beta working for anyone?

I’m still on 1.0.8, but my symptoms have changed. Previously, scheduled waterings wouldn’t run, with no indication why. Quick run would work. Unplugging/re-plugging and setting the schedule to start a few minutes in the future would work for a day or two.

Now, it appears to be running in the app, and the calendar shows that the scheduled runs finished, however the sprinklers do not turn on. Quick run does not work, and unplugging it does not resolve it. I checked voltage between the C and each zone terminals while it said it was watering, and there’s no voltage.

If you are checking voltage inside the controller circuit while it says it is working please also check resistance. A closed working digital circuit with no voltage should show resistance if the circuit is actually closed or engaged. That will allow you verify if it is a power problem or a digital circuit problem. Most likely outcome is you will get no voltage and no resistance, meaning the firmware is NOT closing the circuit. No voltage with resistance means it is a power problem.

And thank you for thinking of this. Intend to do the same with mine. My behavior is more about the controller dropping offline and not running scheduled irrigation events nor running the Offline Schedule. My controller just goes stupid … normally when I am out of town and cannot do an unplug reboot. The controller is on and searching for a network while offline, but it does not perform online or offline scheduled irrigation events per the device’s documentation and Wyze’s claims that it will.

Let us all know what you find please.

Update. My morning schedule worked but my evenings schedules do not.

Is it expected to be able to run multiple schedules? I presume it is but I don’t have plus, so maybe its limited to just one working schedule?

Also i have not had any wifi disconnect since the update of firmware

Morning ran, evening says its going to run. Lets see.

So, I reset the power yesterday afternoon, and this morning it was running as scheduled when I got up. This after I couldn’t get it to run at all for the last couple days. It’s frustrating how the symptoms seem to change.
Luckily, I won a drawing for an Inkbird controller the other day. That should be on the way. I guess I’ll miss out on the remaining 2 years of the subscription I have with Wyze, but what good is that if your lawn id dead?
@ jim.and.kathy.sweeny I must be doing something wrong. Now, with it working properly, I still see no voltage, however the “on” zone shows open, while the others have resistance.

Same issue as most here. The controller doesn’t run our schedule , but will run if we initiate a quick run. Our logs are here: 620462 . Our wifi signal reports back with three bars. Firmware 1.0.8. The issue started on Saturday for us after we initiated a manual skip. Since then it hasn’t run from the scheduler. The app doesn’t report any skips due to weather, we just see that it hasn’t run after checking our grass.

Im afraid to update mine since it has been working flawless since 1.0.8

Sharing my experience , I live in Chile and sprinkle receive a strong wifi signal.
Due to issue for me on October Turn on and turn off immediately sadly I replace the sprinkler with Orby. (Originally, I believe problem its because Chile , I use a converter 220v to 110…) and never engage support.
Due to this thread I enroll Beta program and testing with 3 testing valves in my home office without connect to the water yet until I have more confidence. So far quick runs and schedule works for 1 days , need one week perfecto to give a try with water.

1 Like

@ImChad Thanks for the log. Could you try the 1.0.9 firmware beta by going to the 2.32 Wyze app > Account tab > About > Beta Program > Enroll and select Sprinkler?

Then you should see 1.0.9 firmware available for update. We haven’t had any issues with Quick Run on 1.0.9, so in the worst case it will act the same for you.

@sjs I think you should keep 1.0.8, since 1.0.9 is still in beta.

2 Likes