Can't get sprinkler schedule to work

Also waiting for update.

I am on 1.0.8 beta, my daily schedule was working for 6 days (Apr 2,2022 - Apr 7,2022). all of a sudden stopped working. schedule still shows that it will attempt waterings into future days, but had failed to water every day since apr8, 2022.

I even tried turning off and on (unplugging device and plugging back in), still not fixed.

Log # 543043

@alcamino19

I’m on 1.0.8 beta, and due to your issue, checked my schedules, and so far they are working without issue.

SJ

I just want to say thank you to everyone on this 203-post conversation for working through this to a solution, especially the wyze tech support person @WyzeShanee.

I bought my sprinkler controller a couple of months ago and it’s never worked. I thought it was me! I procrastinated. I was sad. I really didn’t want to wade through the tech support hoops. Tonight I got desperate enough to google for an answer.

As I read through this long conversation my spirits dropped (power cycle every day?!) but then out came the beta instructions. I joined the beta, installed and prayed. Hallelujah! A quick run finally works for more than a split second!

Today a quick run… tomorrow the world! Or maybe we’ll just try a scheduled run tomorrow…

1 Like

Update.

1.0.8 beta.

today, I woke up early to see if my daily schedule would run, and it appeared to be running just fine. nonetheless, the “previous” section in the app has not updated to include today’s run.

it appears as if there’s an issue preventing the “previous” from updating.

Log# 544684

I need to get in the beta test please, it has been days without watering my lawn, and I’m really frustrated

I wish I had known about the beta program. I worked with support on this over the course of several days and all they could tell me is that I would need to wait for a new version of firmware with no idea of when it would be ready. I ended up returning my Wyze controller and got an Orbit B-Hyve. Too bad, I really like Wyze products.

Me too. I returned 2 of them and got a much more expensive Rachio and its been flawless so far. I still love Wyze and about to order some other products from them this week but sadly the sprinkler controller won’t be in the Wyze fleet of products I have. The thing that keeps me in the Wyze family is at least they try. They have been giving this the college try for months now to resolve and been more communicative than most companies would have been in a similar situation. That is worth something in my book.

1 Like

We have released the firmware update to all devices. Please check for 1.0.8!

@alcamino19 I will check your log - thanks so much for sending that in.

1 Like

all right. update firmware to 1.0.8
adjusted days to every other day. we’ll see what happens tonight

Anybody else having issues where “Previous” isn’t updating?

My “Previous” updated with the run from last night.

I’m on Firmware 1.0.8 for the Sprinkler Controller
and iOS app 2.30.0 (a14)
and Android app: v2.28.0 (102)

Both iOS app, and Android app ‘see’ an update under “Previous” that is current.

SJ

I bought my Sprinkler controller during the original backer sale, but did not install until I moved last August. I have NEVER been able to get the schedule to work - I have reinstalled the device multiple times and updated app and FW as available. Issue - my town (in Colorado) is very specific on watering days - I have to water only on every 3rd days starting a specific day (in my case May 2). If I create such a schedule, the first water day that populates is May 4, which is not allowed. If I try any date between today and May 5 (a day that is allowed) the only first day that populates is either 4/27 (not allowed, need 4/26 or 4/29), May 1, or May 4. I am about ready to rip this out and find another product. I am at FW 1.0.8 and iOS app version 2.30.0 (a14)

Sorry to hear about that! Are you creating a Fixed Schedule? Fixed schedules should run exactly when you schedule it to, unless you have Weather Skips on that cancel it due to rain/wind/etc.

It sounds like you might have created a Smart Schedule? Also, if you have a log number, that would be really helpful for us to look into your case.

Why is this sprinkler still for sale? Before reading all this I’ve spent a total of around 10 hours trying to speak to someone on the phone and see what I’m doing wrong, I’ve tried 2 different controllers and neither work. My days off are limited and you can literally hold for an hour before being told to “call back later” this has happened multiple times and still no resolution. DON’T SELL SOMETHING THAT DOESN’T WORK UNTIL YOU FIX IT. Not hard to do but it will save you customers in the long run. Until there is a resolution, I will keep my Rainbird installed

1 Like

@WyzeShanee - I think I finally figured out the issue. In the Create Schedule programming page, it seems you must fill in each section from the top to the bottom - meaning first create the name, then adjust zones and durations, then especially timing from top to bottom. In prior attempts I filled in sections randomly, usually changing the date range first since my city’s requirements are seasonal. It seems in doing this, when I set the ‘Repeat Every’ field in the ‘Set Days’ drop down, the start date is ignored and it uses the current day as default… In any case, I have it set up properly now.

1 Like

My current one doesn’t run at all and won’t take the update. Last one would sometimes try to run for a few seconds but never ran on it’s own at all. Bought this and a ton of other Wyze products for a new property I bought and I don’t spend any time there yet so trying to spend time to figure this out is NOT something I have time for

Oh no I just purchased a WYZE Sprinkler Controller, and now I see this long thread. I’m very surprised that WYZE would continue to sell this knowing there is a serious firmware issue that they have not been able to solve for 2 months now. Not a great start. Am I to understand the workaround is to power cycle the controller daily?

They will never tell you that this controller doesn’t work. There are other threads on this controller as well so do yourself a favor and return it before you give yourself brain damage trying to make it work. Several alternatives do the same without having to be their test mule. I replaced my rain bird with this. I believed in the company and went with Wyze instead of just buying the Wi-Fi adapter for my brand new controller. The weather service is free as opposed to a yearly subscription with the Wyze. Can’t believe they are still selling a non-working controller

It seems to be working well on 1.0.8
I have it set to go every other day and notifications work, sprinklers sprinkle, and havent had any issues since the last update. Not sure how well the skips work since we havent had any inclement weather