Can't get sprinkler schedule to work

I replaced my controller this morning with a Rachio 3, and it works beautifully. Unfortunately, this Wyze controller is going back. On the bright side, I ordered four more Wyze V3 cameras since the RTSP firmware works great on them with Blue Iris, that I use for all of my other cameras.

I completely understand. Sorry for the trouble :frowning:

Another update - we found many reconnect events in some of the logs, which may be due to the ESP firmware issue. We are working with the engineer for further analysis.

2 Likes

That Rachio looks nice. little pricey but if it works… Its in the Amazon cart, Just waiting to see how all this goes :slight_smile:

Please provide an update on this. I live in the desert and going without being able to water is not an option since I won’t have anything to water pretty soon.

New update: we have found the direct reason for this issue: the timestamps in the schedule data are wrong, so the device stops watering immediately after starting. We still need some time to get to the root reason for this happening and confirm the firmware and backend solution. Our engineers said all work will be done before Friday (I don’t want to give hard dates in case it shifts, but this is their estimate).

Before this update is released, they suggest deleting all schedules and recreating them again, in case it helps solve the problem temporarily. We will continue to provide updates on potential temporary fixes and progress towards the full solution.

6 Likes

Not sure if it help but I deleted everything and reset it. When doing the zone tests, each zone would start then stop immediately. But If I selected it wasn’t running it would come on and stay on for each zone. Once I tried running a zone or set a schedule it defaulted back to one second runs

1 Like

I deleted the schedule in the app and set up a new schedule for today at 1:25pm, to water all zones. 1:25 pm came and went and nothing happened.

this was the exact same situation i had

@rettahdam Thanks for letting us know about the temporary work-around!

We have found a solution for the unexpected watering stop issue and are doing regression testing for a firmware update.

7 Likes

If it helps. When you try a Quick Run it sends a start and stop notification about a second apart and it does open the valve for that second. You can hear the valve working. When the scheduled event fails I get no notifications. It just disappears. This failure is intermittent. Last week after six weeks of consistent failures I had three days where it worked. We were not at home so I cannot verify that watering occurred. When we returned home, scheduled events failed. When I unplug and replug the controller, it reboots and Quick Run events work fine. After that, sometimes it all fails when the next scheduled irrigation event fails or other times it just decides to stop working. My controller is outside in the Wyze Outdoor Box.

@WyzeShanee any update on the firmware regression testing?
I’m holding off from returning if the firmware is fixed.
You can override the return deadline based off of this I assume?

1 Like

Hopping into this thread that was linked from another about this issue, but no Wyze support replies in that one. Hopefully this get fixed soon as I am planning on laying sod in about 2 weeks. If this is still a problem I will be forced to get something else. Not laying sod then have it die due to a firmware issue.

@WyzeShanee Come on give us some good news. I assume the regression testing is automated and should run a bit faster than week but here we are almost 7 days out. Give us a little info.

1 Like

This bums me out, but the lack of urgency is the exact reason I sent my controller back, and got a Rachio 3e. Yes, it’s $100, but works as intended.

Damn. I’m almost 100 in with the box and controller. Might be time to accept the facts and just return the wyze system.

Also looking for an update. My Amazon return window expired in Jan and Wyze is only allowing me a replacement unit (will not work as it’s a firmware issue, not a hardware issue) OR a gift card (not trying to buy more of your products if this one doesn’t work). I hope this firmware issue is resolved soon, because I dont feel these options are acceptable and dont feel Wyze is standing behind their product quality or warranty

@rjkays - Bob, I’ve been extremely pleased with the V3 Cameras, and would’ve been happy with store credit towards those if that’s any consolation. The sprinkler controller software just seems ‘unfinished’, and this hang up in getting it resolved leaves a bad taste, but not all hardware/software is junk. Give the V3 cameras a shot, you won’t be disappointed.

Hi all, apologies for the delayed communication as I’ve been out the past few days for a small surgery. I promise you our team is almost done with the fix. Our lead engineer said he and his team will try their hardest to finish everything up by tonight.

I am asking our customer support team regarding the refund to an original method of payment, and the missed return window for Amazon. I will provide an update on refunds & returns and the firmware update as soon as I can.

4 Likes

Firmware has been released to our beta server. I will push our team to get it into official release today.

3 Likes

THANK YOU and hope you are feeling better and was not to rough of a surgery.

1 Like