Can't get sprinkler schedule to work

Screenshot_20220114-102613_Wyze

Great. The 3x full bars showing in that screenshot are your cellphone connection though. I would switch to your WiFi and make sure you have a solid connection where the controller is. I’m sure it is since its so close but just to double check.

All your settings look right so far. First I would go back and unselect any skips in the schedule to eliminate any issues with the system stepping in.

Also something else to check, on the settings page for the sprinkler controller does it show your correct location? And does that match the location in the main settings in the Wyze app?

These three bars?
Yup location is correct

Yup that is correct!

I would suggest to undo the skips on the schedule, power cycle it, and test it again. Beyond that everything appears correct to me. Sorry I dont have a more concrete answer.

Thanks for looking it over for me.
The quick run seems to work after i unplug an plug it in again, maybe i just move my smart outlet and power cycle it once a day?
I tried to setup a rule to run the sprinklers, but didnt have much luck, i might give that another shot

I would encourage to try and get to a support level where they are reviewing logs you provide. To me this still sounds like a weird connectivity issue that some others have experienced as well.

Did a little more experimenting, The quick run also works again after the hard reset button is pressed
Even the hard buttons do not work on the unit after a certain amount of time and need to be either hard reset or unplugged

I have the same problem, again support has no idea.

what firmware are you all on ?
i am on 1.0.4

and i had this problem before, got a warranty replacement - that worked… until i updated the firmware to 1.0.4

Mine is 1.0.4 too. I have an open log with Wyze but the fact that you cannot get any updates regarding the log is so frustrating.

1.0.4 here as well but no issues at the moment.

1.0.4 for me.
Unfortunately my smart switch doesn’t fit in the sprinkler enclosure, so my thought of scheduling a shut off once a day won’t work

Having the same problem here. Firmware 1.0.4. Zone will run for 1-3 seconds and then stop. Scheduled runs do not run at all. Same result when using the hardware buttons. A controller reboot sometimes makes it work for a few test runs but then the problem returns.

Does anybody know how to roll back to the previous firmware version?

There does not appear to be a (documented) way to revert to a previous firmware version.

These are silly issues to have with what otherwise is a simple device. Does anyone who has these issues have 3rd party sensors attached and programmed that might be telling the controller to stop otherwise? I know for mine the external rain sensor was finicky to get working properly.

No third party sensors on mine. Just C and 1-6 hooked up.

1 Like

I submitted a support case, multiple logs and a link to this thread. Hopefully they see it’s not just me and escalate the issue. I’ll report back if there is any resolution.

1 Like

I’m 1-8 and C’s. No master, maybe that’s an issue?

The support response was that the controller is faulty and they’ll process a return. It doesn’t sound like the logs I uploaded were reviewed at all and he did not acknowledge the fact that multiple people have the same issue on firmware 1.0.4. I’m assuming they either know about a quality control issue where a replacement is the next step or the tech is following a script that leads to an arbitrary hardware replacement. I requested it be escalated but I’ll go forward with the replacement and let you know what happens.

1 Like

I got the same automated response essentially

My app also goes Jan March March May May July July etc
Does anyone else have that issue

I don’t have the calendar issue you mentioned. Support issued me a replacement to be shipped out. They don’t even want the old one returned. Hopefully the replacement works.

1 Like