Can't get past the solid yellow light

I tried the process of flashing or with the firmware download from their site. It went from solid yellow light to flashing yellow & blue. It stayed flashing yellow & blue light after it is powered and doesn’t change or do anything.

The other one is just solid yellow and does nothing too.

Same issue!! So Annoying!!

Same issue here, its a shame how after all this months customers are facing the same issue still.

Guys,

I had the same issue. Wyzecam v2 stopped working after i upgraded. I was told to re flash thefirmware. I tried twice and was going to give up.

Finally i noticed that you want to remove the power cable to the wyze cam v2, insert the SD card with the new firmware, KEEP PRESSING THE SETUP BUTTON & Now insert the power cable to wyze cam. This played the trick (the previous time i plugged the power cable first and then was pressing the setup button and it did not work). Within few seconds light turns blue and within a minute it had flashing light and my camera is working fine now.

So, please unplug the wyze cam power connection, load your SD card with new firmware and put it back in Wyzecam v2, now press the setup button and then insert the power cable to Wyzecamv2 and you should be good.

Thanks,
AG

1 Like

Jacob,

That sounds like too much work for upgrading the firmware. Upgrading firmware in my cameras disabled my cameras.

I have resisted upgrading the firmware cause my cameras are working fine now and like they say, don’t fix it of it ain’t broke.

Molly

What if you dont know how to load the right firmware onto the sd card?

I hate updating the firmware. WYZE sucks when it comes to downloading and upgrading the firmware. It makes camera inoperable, unlike other software updates from other companies like Apple or Ring.

Molly

Flash Firmware for Wyze Cam v2 & Wyze Cam Pan

1. Wyze Cam v2 and Pan firmware files can be found on the Release Notes page.
  2. Download a specific version of firmware, For Windows 10: Right-click on the folder and select extract all. For Mac: Just drag and drop the folder, put it on the root directory of your microSD card. For both Mac and Windows, rename the file to demo.bin .
  3. Power off your camera and insert your microSD card.
  4. Hold the setup button, plug in your USB cable, keep holding the setup button for 3-6 seconds until the light is solid blue, then release the button.
  • Note: The “Solid Blue” in this case is not the same as the one normally seen on the camera. Instead, both the blue and yellow LEDs will be on at once, making it appear to be a lighter blue.
  1. Wait for 3-4 minutes. The camera will reboot and change light status during this time.
  2. Once this is done, your camera should be functioning with the original setup. No need to re-setup your camera!

This procedure mostly worked for me, but I still had to remove my original setting (remove device) and then add it back in as a new device. After completing all of the setup steps again, the camera is now functioning normally (but I have removed the SD card now to keep the damned cam from revolving all by itself uncommanded)!

1 Like

I followed all the Flash instructions to the T but the solid yellow light remained solid. It never went to blue and never rebooted to a flashing yellow. Now what? Suggestions?