"Can't Connect"

Samsung S10+ Says “Can’t Connect” I’ve reset router, phone, cam, double checked PW… still nothing?

1 Like
  • Which camera(s)?

• Has the camera EVER connected? For example, during “set up”?

• What is the distance of the cams from the router?

• What obstacles are between the camera and router (wood walls, brick, glass, mirrors, large screen TV, and so on).

• Any out of ordinary electronic gear near camera?

Go to the cam with your phone and hold phone close to it - how many WiFi bars do you see?

1 Like

Initially the first question I have would be when you say “reset” cam did you use the restart function from the app or did you Power Cycle it. If you did not use the Power Cycle method I would recommend starting with that.
In general, to assist you better, please provide us with:
-Phone or other Device type and OS version on phone/tablet
-Wyze Device Type and model, if applicable
-Wyze app version. (Home Screen/Account/About). Beta or Production Version
-Firmware version installed on Wyze device (Settings (gear icon top-right)/Device Info/ Firmware Version)
“latest” and “up to date” are subjective and will change as updates occur
-Type of router (brand, model, is it from your ISP?). Is your WiFi using a dual band or a single SSID broadcast. Most importantly, are you on the 2.4g band?
-Distance from your router your Wyze device (Cam, etc) is located
-Signal strength and quality at the Wyze device (Settings/Device Info/Wifi Signal Strength)

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, please file a Support Request.
You can also submit a request from within the Wyze app by going to Account > Help & Feedback > Report an Issue. This method will allow you to include an app log for diagnosis. (If you are using a beta version of the app, the log will be sent to the dev team rather than Wyze Support and you probably will not receive a direct response.)

1 Like

This usually happens to me when I forget to turn off VPN …