Cant connect to Wyze Doorbell Pro

My doorbell has worked great for a while now, but its lost connection.
Is there a way to power cycle it, without having to take it off the house, unhooking wires etc? I assume that will fix it.
I love wyze products, but they need to be power cycled way too dang often. :frowning:

Thanks team

exactly what I am trying to avoid… i just want to power cycle the thing easily… If there is no way to simply power cycle with a button, than this is a SERIOUS lack of consideration when making this thing. Considering the cameras need power cycled regularly, if there is no way to do this with the doorbell, thats a bad deal.

1 Like

It says their is a way with a button though ?

You just press and hold the button on the chime ?

I would try removing the CHime for the VDB-Pro, this is actually how it connects to your WiFi.

Then plug it back in, that will essentially reboot the connections. The doorbell connects to the Chime via a BT or Variant of BT (Not sure) and then it will connect to WiFi. It will announce as it connects.

2 Likes

very helpful, i will try that… thank you

1 Like

Spamoni4,
Both of my doorbells (V1 and Pro) are working fine right now, but I was looking at my active clients via my router interface today and saw something interesting.
Is it only the Chime that connects to my Wifi network (VDB PRO)?
I see two IP addresses in my router going to one MAC address, but if I look in the Wyze app for the video doorbell pro, I only see one MAC address, and one IP address. The MAC address listed in the router active clients is not the same as the one in the Wyze App.
One of those MAC addresses must be the chime and the other is the doorbell?
One of the IP addresses does match the one in the Wyze android app though.
I went through all the other active clients and matched MAC addresses back to valid IP addresses in the Wyze App (vs router active clients).
UPDATE:
I went back and I could ping one of the IP addresses assigned to the VDB Pro, but the other timed out.
I realized I had put the VDB Pro into power saving mode. When I activated the camera itself on the VDB Pro, the other IP address started pinging, and the router showed that MAC address associated with that IP address. Looks like the Wyze App would show the Chime and the Doorbell Pro MAC address like it does in the original doorbell (Accessories, Wyze Chime, Device Info). So what you see under the Pro’s device information screen must be the Doorbell’s MAC address, and the Chime’s IP Address?

Yes, the Chime connects to the Video Doorbell Pro and the WiFi. similar to the Wyze Lock. I have seen tis before and it cleared itself out over time.

I will check mine to see what it shows on the router. I will do it later tonight as I am testing other aspects of my network.

I am not sure if this workaround below will improve the video doorbell ability to stay connected, but it does make it get unstuck and connected. Mine has not lost connection even once yet using this workaround to get connected:
In the meantime while we wait for a fix, here is the workaround that I found and let Wyze know about:
When your LIVE feed gets to “Step3: Getting video data” and gets stuck, press the gear to go to ‘settings’, select ‘Advanced Settings’, select Night Vision ‘On’ and then ‘Off’, then press the ‘<’ key to go back to LIVE feed and it will connect.
It took me a long time to find this workaround. I expect that it will work for everyone having this issue since it seems to unstick it by going thru night vision mode. Sorry, but if you use Night Vision, you will have to turn it back on. But, at least it is a reliable way to temporarily conquer this bug.
Your welcome. I hope it works for you too.