Can't Connect to One V3 Camera

All of a sudden I can’t connect to one of my V3 cameras. So I decided to replace it with a new V3, yet this camera also won’t connect, won’t even finish the setup process. Yet all my other cameras are working fine. WTF Wyze?! I even brought the new camera right next to my wireless router for the setup process. Yet all I get is that it can’t connect to the local network. My password has not changed.

2 Likes

It may be a limitation of your router or many other variables. Here is a list of things that commonly contribute to connectivity problems:

You might be able to get that camera to work by rebooting your router then trying again, though it is possible that a different device will instead have issues after that if they are competing for limited resources. Usually the culprit is one of the items in that list though. In my experience, when they’re all addressed, most people have few connectivity problems after that. I hope you’re able to test some of them and see if it helps improve things in some way to have a better experience.

1 Like

My router was rebooted and it didn’t fix anything. So today the new V3 still won’t setup. Tried the original V3 that went off line last night and today it won’t connect either. This is so ridiculous!

2 Likes

Finally I was able to get my V3 setup! OMG, what a pain in the rear.

What did you do, if you are willing to share?

1 Like

I just kept doing the setup over an over until it took.

SAME HERE!!! I’m fed up too. Literally all of a sudden. An entire year no problems and all of a sudden both cameras go out within a week with the same error message you got.

2 Likes

don’t be happy too soon. I was able to connect the new one for a day till it started failing again. With the same error codes. It is absolutely ridiculous. And not customer service tells me something about split networks. Yet please explain why they worked JUST FINE for an entire year AND one of the new one seems to work too. But the other new one worked for a day! RIDICULOUS to say the least.

2 Likes

I hear your pain. Not only is it frustrating then these issues happed with the camera, you end up getting even more frustrated with Wyze Customer Support. The reps aren’t educated enough about the products and have us do things we’ve already tried prior to contacting them. And then when nothing works they suggest replacing the product instead of admitting that their software is the cause.

I’m beyond frustrated with this company. Their products that aren’t software based, have issues. However, they do make great advertising videos, most of which are funny. Even though their products don’t do what they claim, which is false advertising. They often show product pictures that are blatantly falsely advertised. It’s about time someone reports them to the FTC or file a class action.

1 Like

Yeah I had zero problems over a year. There’s something they’re not telling us. I guess they got bought out. Instead of being honest and fixing things they tell me to connect to 2.4gHz network. MOST hone networks are 2.4gHz! Why now? I didn’t just buy these. These just stopped working. ALL OF A SUDDEN it cant find the very network its been connected to? Please!!!
I really liked my cams but I AM FED UP and frustrated! I also tried the “old” 2 cams in different places and guess what? They worked for a short amount of time.
How is it our fault all of a sudden? When nothing on our end changed?? How did they work fine for over a year??
And about customer service… the chat people take forever to reply. The last guy was lookin for his instructions book… ridiculous. The phone people seem a lot more knowledgeable.

And you just bought yours? It didn’t work so you bought another?
Do you have a split network? Did it ask you to select?

Now out of the blue I started getting a lot of recorded events with this camera. Just checked the Detection Zone grid setting and it turned itself off, so it was recording everything in view. Wyze fix your software!!!

1 Like

I have had my V3’s since they first came out and have some I never opened. But I also have over a dozen V2 cameras, still using like 3 of them but they have that pink flash issue when turn them on via the app. Not using a split network and during the setup process I don’t recall it ever asking me.

I have CamPlus on all them only because I got a great prepaid yearly deal. But I really only wanted the extended recording with no cool down period. I really dislike the AI and it’s constantly wrong.

1 Like

Hmmmm

1 Like

Thats what I’m saying. Fix your damn software.
I dont recall being asked for split network or 2.4 gHz either.

1 Like

Also when you reinstall, it defaults to motion PICTURE! who wants to see a motion picture??? This is a video camera! I honestly think they got bought out, nobody cares and all is going down the drain.
I just googled who bought wyze.

2 Likes

What I really dislike is that Wyze reduced the motion detection distance. My camera now completely misses events that it used to record easily over a year ago. Would have been nice if they gave us a setting to change the distance motion detections happen, instead of reducing it without our input.

1 Like

Wow! How disappointing.

Nobody bought Wyze…yet. I’m hoping someone buys them out soon so they can fix the mess they’ve made.

1 Like

You are not alone. I had the exact same problem, Bought 2 V3 cameras but only setup 1 first. No problems worked great for over a week, so I opened up and setup the second. The second one constantly went offline. I tried all kinds of things to no avail. I eventually put the 2 cameras side by side to make sure there was no actual WiFi issue and still one would go offline. I replacedthe one that seemed faulty and the exact same thing started happening with the new one. Great, a security camera that needs to be power cycled to reconnect, why it can’t just reconnect by itself I’m not sure, Very Disappointing!

2 Likes