Can't connect to cameras over wifi

I was able to set my Wyze cameras up on wifi but now I can’t connect to them on wifi. It always fails at some point, sometimes with error code 20011 and sometimes with no error code. Sometimes I make it as far as step 3/3 and sometimes it fails sooner. But it always fails.

If I turn wifi off on my phone, sometimes I can connect to the cameras but that’s not how I want or expect this to work.

I have no problem connecting to Ring, Blink, D-Link cameras, or any other devices over wifi in my home. Only problem is connecting to Wyze.

Any suggestions? If there isn’t a simple fix I’m not investing a ton of time tinkering with this thing. There are way too many other options that just work like they are supposed to.

Cameras have latest firmware, I have the latest Wyze app update and my Android phone is up to date. Wifi strength is 81% according to the app. I have restarted the cameras countless times and I have force-closed and restarted the app countless times. I have not deleted and re-added the cameras from the app and I’m not going to do that. If that is a fix once, it’s going to be the fix countless times in the future and I don’t want to keep jumping through that hoop. If this isn’t a stable platform, back to Amazon the gear will go.

1 Like

Welcome to the community, @Roy. I’m not sure you’ve seen these yet, but here are the Wyze Cam support pages. It almost sounds like you have some port blocking going on in your router?

(Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, please file a Support Request. You can also submit a request from within the Wyze app by going to Account > Help & Feedback > Report an Issue. The latter method will allow you to include an app log for diagnosis.)

I had the same issue until I set a reserved IP address for the camera. Alse set bandwidth to 20 instead of 20/40. Doesn’t completely resolve issues but 95% better at least they’re usable now.

1 Like