Can't Add Vacuum to App

Looks like acknowledgement of adding the Robot issue has been realized. An update released has a fix for it. Hopefully it resolves everyone else’s issues.

Still an issue adding new vacuum to app. On both Android, and iOS. Multiple people, multiple setups.

Also having issues connecting to the vacuum on iOS. Using the latest app version. Always stuck on connecting.

Many, many vacuums are going to go back unless they find a way to update all of these. I think they need to make a separate app that doesn’t have to talk to the mothership to get these updated with the correct server side info. I have another Chinese vacuum that had to use a separate app to update before I could use a new app they put out. The vacuums seen to connect to the phones and such, just not to wyze. A separate update app is the way to go.

Yeah I wish they would do that. The number of frustrated users is mounting.

Especially those that ordered 11/20 and just now got the vacuum. Wyze REALLY dropped the ball on this roll out.

Additional info… Vacuum is currently connected to my network, Just not in the wyze app.

So you can see the device on your network I presume? But you’re app won’t recognize it? That’s…something…stupid

That is correct. Attached to WiFi and sending packets.

Attachment.png

Hi All,

So received my vac on Friday the 22, Will not connect to Wi-fi using either Android (GS9+) or IOS (iPad mini and iPhone X). Back and forth with support, still having me try the same stuff, even sent them a 6min video of the whole process and what it was doing.

1 time I saw it in the app but it would not actually talk to it.

Last night they had me update app to the Newest one “iOS, we are on 2.17.21 and 2.17.7 for Android”. Still Nothing.

What I notice is that once I connect to the Vac during the setup it will stay connected as long as I stay on the settings screen, then once i tap to go back to Wyze app the Wi-fi on the actually shut off and is no longer active. Sometimes its instantaneously sometimes it takes a min. So if i try and redo the setup then I get to the point to connect to the vac again and it isn’t there, i then have to put it back in pair mode.

I have shut off all 5G radios, tried in and out of cell data mode, Tried multiple brands of routers.

I am going to try the location trick when I get home tonight to see if that wks. On my android it was set to “Only when in app” now set to " All the Time" . If not I will try the reinstall and see if that does anything.

We will see!

That really sucks. On your iPad not only change the location to always but also allow it precise location access as well. This helped me and I hope that it can help you as well.

1 Like

Mine still will not let this device inter my network. Also can this work with an Open network? I know they had a fix for my camera. Gary

Here is an update,

On my Android changed location for the Wyze app to be on all the time, did nothing still not showing in app.

I am now changing my statement that it will not connect to wi-fi. I did the following.

On my GS9 I set up a hotspot and had the iPad attached to it, then I ran the setup from my iPad and when you attach to the vacuum. I see it appears on the Hot Spot and stays attached and will not drop off unless you turn it off or reset the wifi on the vac. So this means that this is an App or a backend servers are the issue that is causing it not to show up on the App. It is attached to the router and online!

So then I dried deleting app and re-adding it on the iPad…did not show up

I am going to mess around some more this morning with it using iPhone X and see what happens…