Can't add new WYZE Devices?

I can’t add any new Wyze devices this morning. I’ve tried both a bulb and an outlet. Errors differ between the devices, the bulb says that the bulb wifi doesn’t have internet connectivity and the switch says that my home wifi password is incorrect. All other wifi related devices and already added Wyze devices work fine.

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks, Len

The bulb itself doesn’t have internet is correct. Turn off your mobile data on your phone and try the install again. When you connect to the bulb during install, when some devices detect the absence of internet signal they disconnect and connect to mobile data to look for that internet signal. This causes the install process of the bulb not work because your phone needs to stay connected to the bulb for a few moments to upload your network settings.

I don’t have any answers for the plug and the password issue, but the same mobile data turn off during this install should also help.

1 Like

In my situation I can not install new devices of white or color bulb or socket.

It seems like I reached a limit. If I delete a device it allows me to install a different device. If I delete two devices it allows me to install two different devices but then I hit that limit.

I checked my DHCP pool and have up to 253 devices.

Right now I have.

Wyse Sense hub, Motion Sensor. two door sensors, and two Cameras.

12 color bulbs
7 White bulbs
3 sockets

Everything is working fine but can’t add anything more without deleting something else.

I have an iPhone and tried disconnecting mobile data but same results.

So when I try to connect to a socket or a light bulb it sees the device and tries to connect to my internet but eventually says:

CONNECTION FAILED. Re-Type your password and try again. If that doesn’t work. try restarting your router and modem.