Can't access online videos

Good afternoon all!

I have put in a ticket with support but hoping that someone can help me out. I bought two of these cameras and I only have one in use at this time. I was testing motion detection and then ran a IFTTT widget to upload video to the cloud once an hour.

I can’t view any videos at all. At first, I thought it was because they haven’t uploaded yet but if I go back days, none of the videos actually are accessible. I get the error message:

“The video clip doesn’t exist in the cloud or is still being uploaded. Please try again later.”

This is 2 days after the event. I can remote view the camera without issues but I don’t have an SD Card in the camera (yet).

Thanks,

Matt

How exactly are you doing this? I don’t recall any IFTTT options to upload anything.

What usually happens with IFTTT, you enable motion detection, cam detects motion, and then cam uploads.

The IFTTT widgets was just a timed upload at the top of the hour but that is not the issue. None of the videos that capture motion are viewable.

There is an IFTTT Wyze action step “Record Short Video Clip”. If you combine this with IFTTT’s Time trigger, you get this:

1 Like

RickO,

It is like my AWS account was never provisioned. Before messing with IFTTT, I had 12 or 13 videos that generated off of motion but can’t be viewed. It really hinders a new user who is relying on the cloud to view the videos. It is the reason I haven’t unboxed the second camera.

Matt

You can see if anything in the connectivity troubleshooting guide will help:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012903431-Connectivity-issues

If that doesn’t solve it, keep in mind that this is primarily a user-to-user forum. If you don’t get help here from the community, file a support ticket, preferably from within the app while the bad camera is selected. That will ensure that the logs are captured. You might want to submit the ticket right away because there’s somewhat of a backlog. You can always let them know it’s already resolved when they contact you.

I submitted a ticket 2 days ago but not from the app. I can access the camera remotely and view the live stream without any issue. I guess I will just wait for support to get through the backlog.

Thanks!

I actually figured out this is specific to my phone and Android version. If I load the app in Bluestacks, it works every time.

AT&T LG G6 running Android 8.0. I’ve granted the app storage and mic permissions. At one point, I granted system access permissions and still have the same issue.

Anyone else having issues like this?