Cannot connect wyze bulbs

to the Wyze bulb design team, especially anyone involved in the decision to be 2.4ghz only:
I want to gather all of the defective bulbs (most of them, if you really think about it) and your team, then hammer [MOD EDIT]. I cannot believe How much time I’ve wasted over 2 days trying to get the bulb to connect. The “connecting” page in the app is burnt onto my retinas. I hope you all go blind.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

1 Like

Wow what a mess. Over an hour trying different networks, settings, etc just to connect this bulb. Such a bad interface with no help as to what might be wrong. Final issue turned out to be not having location services enabled for “always”. Why would this be required to add a light bulb? Never an issue with adding cameras or plugs in the past. So disappointing for a company that used to just do things right.

That’s an Apple thing. Because what networks you can see can reveal your location, they now require you to give location permission access to see networks, which you need to see the Bulb setup network. So not a Wyze thing…

1 Like

Agree the actual connection with the wifi network is an Apple thing. However, the app is useless to help debug the issue. It just doesn’t advance to the next screen. No error that it can’t see the network you entered in the previous screen. No error that it can’t connect. No hint on what to do to see the wifi network. Nothing. Could be so much better with just a simple message.

1 Like