Canadian Store

The previous post was literally all about exchange rates and how bad of a rip off the wyze Canadian store is. So yes, the exchange rate was factored in.

Why the price difference, that is ridiculous. 2 pack bulbs US$21 which is CAN$27 yet the Canadian price is $39. Bend over and we’re not even getting kissed, no more Wyse anything for me…Mike

I see that Canada price is much higher, I would send an email to Wyze direct and see what you get in return

I just did…don’t really expect hear a thing back. One less customer for them to worry about, I despise being ripped off…Mike

1 Like

I totally agree, 100% tells me that they have no idea what they are doing. If there is any duty, it is less than 10%, (cameras from the US made in China is a 5% duty) usually nothing for computers etc. There is the 13% tax (HST) on everything imported but it’s an accounting wash when sold. 30% is the absolute top assuming a 20% currency rate and that’s pushing it and you still maintain your margins. If anyone is reading this from the CDN store, find someone who knows the ropes (importing direct from China and HST rules) before you alienate all of your faithful Canadian customers with costing errors.

Note that the $122 US lock includes the $25 keypad. The CDN lock doesn’t. If you work it all out with the Amazon.ca keypad price of $35+146 CDN for the lock it is $181 vs $146 ($122x1.2 for the US package) or about 25% more buying it here.

My point is, WYZE should just ship to Canada without the headaches and cost of opening a staffed and stocked Canadian warehouse. We’ll pay it if it’s reasonable but most of these prices aren’t. Are you listening Dave Crosby?

The CDN lock doesn’t.<<<<
Surprise…not.
As expected, no reply…Mike

Interesting wyze does not import from China to Canada all wyze items come from there warehouses in the United States. I was advised by my cousin that if an American company has a retail store/business in Canada they pay the government a Hi tax rate on flooring there products there