Can Wyze Cam Record to SD Card Without Internet Connection?

wyze-cam

Can I take the Wyzecam to a location where I don’t have wifi connection and use it to record locally to the SD card?

Light is flashing blue. Is it still recording at all?

Yes you can, as long as you previously set it up in a wifi environment.

I do it every day. One of my cameras is being used as a dash cam in my truck. It records continuously to the uSD card and normally connects to my WiFi when I get home.

You set it up in wifi to continuous record, disconnect it to take to the new location, then plug it in and it will still continue to record? I asked this question in a different way elsewhere. I’m having trouble buying this. I guess i should check my sd card for those missing recordings…

Yes, that’s how it works. But if you don’t believe it, why don’t you do a simple test. Set up continuous record. Then unplug your wifi router. Let the camera continue to be powered while you dance around in front of the camera. Turn your router back on and watch the dance.

Don’t know why you don’t buy it - that’s the way it works. My dashcam continues to record when I drive away from home - and my WiFi. Although not routinely, there are times where power is interrupted to the camera while away from home, and it resumes recording after it boots up when power is restored.

OK! OK!, I believe it! I checked my sd card and though there were 1000’s of files there, I didn’t find what I was looking for, but I’m beginning to believe that it was my, poor, uneducated, bumbling, non-trusting, unforgivable, fault. Now, give me a minute to recover from that cruel (but fair) humbling, but brutal, self-effacement. When the camera (filming the H-birds), lost its wifi connection, I couldn’t tell if it were still recording so I may have interrupted the process to restart it. Next time I’ll believe in the tech, and your answers. https://giphy.com/gifs/Dv8ekxFPN6wKs

Thanks! It seems to be working. We have the kiddo nannyshare in another house and the nanny wanted to show us how he plays. It didn’t work when she plugged it into a smart socket, but worked fine with a regular outlet.

Wanting to use a pan cam in a remote location (without WiFi). Everything I’ve read on here states that to get it to record without WiFi it must be set to “continuous record”. I may not be back to my cabin for months and would like it to only record when motion is sensed… Will it work this way??

tmotorsport_1 - I have this same question! I don’t care about recording constantly, just when motion is sensed. I’m trying to catch whoever is stealing crap out of my office desk.

Not true. It will record without wifi in Event Only mode. You can do the experiment yourself. Set it up in Event Only mode then turn off your wifi router. Wait a minute then dance around in front of the camera. Wait another minute, then reconnect and watch the dance.

From the live view, tap the gear icon, then Advanced Settings > Local Storage. Turn on local recording and set the mode Record Events Only. View the results by tapping View Playback from the live stream.