Can someone tell me what is going on in my garage at night?

New users can’t upload attachment? Great community Wyze.

Can you describe what is happening? Orbs? Dust particles? Ghosts? Bugs?

1 Like

Welcome to the community, @Djespee! I have modified your account to allow attachments now. New users are restricted initially by design.

2 Likes

What is that

Looks like an insect of some type, illuminated by the ir leds, somewhat close to the lens.

2 Likes

@timstik is correct…

WE HAVE A BUG

I took your clip and slowed it down a bit do you can actually see it crawling.

2 Likes

What kind of massive bug is this. Those are 16” studs spaced out and it looks like the big fits right in the middle of them.

1 Like

My guess is a spider. It’s a matter of perspective… it’s close to the camera, the studs are a distance off.

2 Likes

appears to be a spider making new webs by crawling along its existing ones. It’s probably six inches from the camera or so.

2 Likes

I think it’s a spider crawling on the web. I’m also a new user and wanted to post a cool video but I can’t per rules which I find pretty ‘quirky’

1 Like

it helps cut down on spam as you have to be a little “invested” in the community to post certain things. it is a small quirk but it betters the community at large. @Loki could you help @NoUsername out?

3 Likes

@NoUsername

As @Bam mentioned, you gain trust level on the forum as you read, post, etc. In order to post attachments, you need to be at least Trust Level 1 (Basic User). You also need to be TL1 to send personal Messages and to flag posts. New members start out at TL0 (New User). You can see your trust level at the top of your user profile.

To attain TL1, you must normally post 5 topics, read 30 posts and spend 10 minutes reading.

The good news is that you have already been promoted to TL1. I’m not sure if that’s because you met the requirement or if another mod manually bumped you up. But in any case, you should be good to post the video now. Looking forward to seeing it.

4 Likes

Hello! The vast majority of motion alerts received on my cameras are for insects. Ten cameras have yielded 60% insect motion, 10% bird motion, 10% shrubs moving in the breeze, 10% triggered by my Sengled light bulbs turning on or off, and 10% motion caused by a dog that wanders through the yard. I’ve tweaked the motion detection area and the sensitivity settings to the point that I now am receiving only around 10-20 motion alerts daily, instead of the 50+ I was receiving. The insects really love a couple of the camera areas, as I have security lights that stay on dusk to dawn in those zones.

It’s a wonderful bug collector making his trap to catch them. That’s pretty awesome to capture a spider doing his work. :grin:

I have seen this type of thing on my cam also - looks like reflections from the lights of a passing car. Could be the car is turning around in your driveway, thus explaining the light going up, then down when the car backs out.

I saw this orb the other night on camera and hear faint voices sometimes when I listen to the audio. It’s very strange. I won’t let me upload the video because I’m a new user.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines

Well I Un restrict mine as well please. Unbelievable

1 Like

The restriction dissuades a lot of spammer/scammer activity.

I have increased your level. If you have problems using the forum software, please tag the
moderators so we can try to assist you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes