Can I setup Wyze Outdoor base using a mobile hotspot that doesn’t have LAN connection?

I have an up north property and will be running my cameras on a dedicated mobile hotspot. It has no LAN outlet, is there a way to set up my hub and 3 cameras with it? Or must I have a router with LAN?

1 Like

I believe the app was updated last month so that it was possible to make a Wi-Fi connection from the base station, in addition to being able to use ethernet.

I believe that the base has to be setup via ethernet first then switched to the wi-fi network of your choice.

3 Likes

Do you know how I would do that? Or if there are instructions in this site somewhere to walk me through?

Thanks!

1 Like

Check this thread:

1 Like

because there are a few steps to this one and have to be done in a certain order a video might be more helpful. check this out.

2 Likes

I am noticing a change with the outdoor cam base station once you get to firmware 4.16.2.16. When want to change to wifi it no longer let’s you pick your wifi network. I hope someone from the Wyze part of the forum can give a little more detail about why you can no longer pick the wifi network you wish to use.

If you think that is the case change the firmware back to the previous version and see if it works. I have no need to change the base to WI-Fi so I haven’t even tried it with any firmware. Maybe it was an app change???

I did attempt to go back to the previous version. I placed it on the micro SD card to go back to the previous version. The lights seemed to indicate the the firmware was restored to the previous version but I was never able to get the base station online again in the app.