Can I set a room sensor as primary (only) temperature sensor for thermostat

My thermostat is at the top of my 2 story foyer so the temperature it reads is affected by the downstairs HVAC. I also have a 12 month old that seems to be rather temperature sensitive while sleeping and I also work from home from a room on the same floor. My first question is can I set my thermostat that is upstairs to use only the temperature coming from the room sensor in the baby’s room and ignore what the thermostat reads at it’s location? There will be little to no motion so I cannot rely on that to dictate it. Also, can I set it to use the baby room during the night and the office during the day? I would also like to define “day” and “night” but that also seems impossible.

2 Likes

Please add the new possibilities to the Wishlist to give the Devs a focus on the next enhancement: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome to the user community @bjfaber!

Here are a couple of threads to read and watch. I am following them to get an understanding of what the sensors can and can’t do while waiting for the snail express to deliver mine.

2 Likes

bump up while I was searching the exact the same thing

The jury is in. No, it can’t.

It is 1 of 3 possibilities:

1. Room Thermometer (not included)
  2. Remote Sensor full time (averaged)
  3. Remote Sensor on motion (averaged)

It can be set to operate in these roles based on the thermostat state Away\Home\Sleep.

It cannot be set with any priority or as the primary or only temperature sensor. The Thermostat must be the central sensor unit with all other “included” remote sensors averaged in to create the temp reading used to trigger at the setpoint. The thermostat can never be excluded as a sensor and no sensor can be given priority.

Here is the Wishlist request to change that:

2 Likes