Can I control an IFTTT enabled siren with Wyze ?

Would be nice if it could your Google Home Speakers

1 Like

Thx, it’s been awhile since I downloaded and used one of these apps. I haven’t created one on my own. I’ll have to refresh my memory of the ITTT website and use. I was thinking I could just download a app and activate the actions. :thinking:

Virus-free. www.avast.com

You can download the IFTTT app, and it’s almost as easy as using the website. It only takes about 5 minutes to set up. But it does require you to sign into IFTTT using your Wyze password, which is what associates your Wyze devices with the IFTTT service.

1 Like

Ok, I’ve resigned into my IFTTT account and see were I set up push notifications to my phone when WYSE motion alert is active on my Pan. Which specific app (description name) are you referring to for setting up it to call for motion detection?

Virus-free. www.avast.com

I realized that I jumped the gun trying to create a new applet for my wyze sense contact sensor. I had to first register the sensor with the wyze app to enable it (duh). Now I was able to very easily create an IFTTT app that sees the open sensor and calls my phone.

1. click on create new app
  2. search for wyze service and click it.
  3. choose what you want to detect. I chose “Contact Sensor opens”
  4. It should then give you list of sensors you registered with the wyze app. If you don’t see one then the you either did not register them with your wyze (phone) app or you did not connect ifttt to wyze. If you did not connect ifttt to wyze then you need to take a step back. Go the ifttt main page and click on "Services: Search for wyze. click. go to the settings for wyze. edit connection and it should have you sign into wyze with your existing login / password.
    Now go back and try to create the wyze ifttt applet.
  5. After selecting the “Contact Sensor opens” trigger it gives a list of devices. Choose one. then click “Create Trigger”
  6. You are sent back to the "If xxx Then + That " screen. Click the “+”
  7. Then you are give a list of action services to choose . I chose “Phone Call”.
  8. You are then asked your number…
    9 … just follow the rest of the instructions.

All of this brought me back to the original reason for the thread: Wyze has no Siren to set off. I ended up buying a minimal ismartalarm base with an additional siren to accomplish that . My goal is to scare off intruders as well as alert me.
The phone IFTTT action can be used as an additional alarm for me . The phone is in the bedroom and set to the most annoying ring possible and it works pretty well. Pitty my poor cat during the testing.

Unfortunately I did find a problem with the Wyze sensors …they cant be disabled. So no matter how I set the notifications for the sensor in the wyze app, IFTTT gets the trigger and sets off the alarm. Thats not good either and needs to be fixed.

1 Like

Ya, I was wondering about that. I tested it with the camera’s motion detection since I haven’t received my Wyze Sense kit yet. IIRC Changing the notification on the camera doesn’t change the IFTTT process, but turning off motion detection should stop the IFTTT call. Is there no way to turn off open/close detection on the contact sensor? If you can disable detection (not just notification), it might work.

if you want to make the siren go in certain time period, you’ll need to upgrade your IFTTT account (free) and create a bit more complicated applet.
I use Wyze Sense and Gosung plug (with siren). Here is a great article on how to setup time period for motion detection How to Allow IFTTT Applets Only to Run at Certain Times | Smart Home Solver

all, here’s another take on setting up a siren tied to sensors, yet on a schedule:

Wich syren you bought I am trying to find one now that the wyze plug came out

Both on Amazon:

Epsilont

30 Watt Siren Dual Tone Indoor/Outdoor Self-Contained Electric Security
Siren SD-30W 6-12VDC 1.1Ah 120db 8 X 5.5 X 9 Inch

BINZET

DC12V 2.5A 30 Watt LED Power Supply Driver Transformer AC 120V-130V to DC 12V 2.5A Output Voltage Convertor LED Strip Low Voltage Powered LED Light Regulator