Can i continuously record with Wyze outdoor v2?

I want to record. I Inserted SD card but I don’t see the toggle to continuously record in my advanced settings. Is this option not available and wyze V2

You can ‘manually’ schedule a temporary recording on the Wyze Outdoor Camera series, but the battery-powered cameras do not have the continuous recording feature that you have on the powered cameras like the V3 or Pan series.

2 Likes

To record to the SD in the battery powered outdoor cam use scheduled recording. I don’t recommend continuous record except for a very short time unless you want to kill the battery quickly. You can set motion event recording for up to 30 days, no cooldown period and a maximum video length of 5 min per video. The cam will record in as long as there is motion.

2 Likes

Ok. Thanks

I was just told by support that the Wyze Cam Outdoor v2 DOES allow for automatic 24/7 continuous recording and playback, just like the indoor cameras. That the v2 will continuously record and does not need to have the long-term recording scheduled like it does with the v1.

Aka you can just turn it on and it will automatically record 24/7 indefinitely, allowing you to go back and view footage from previous days (as long as it’s still on the sd card). Is this not correct?

I believe you were told wrong or misunderstood. How long do you think the battery will last on continuous? I say 8 hours at best before the cam dies. Since the version 2 has the same firmware as the version one there is no playback function in the app available for that either. If you do the scheduled recording to a SD in the cam you can play that back, but it is also downloaded to your phone/device photo album. Maybe support confused the V2 wired cam with the Version 2 WCO.

1 Like

It’s not correct.