Can I be notified when my dog barks?

Is there a way for an alert to be set up fir dog barking?

Do you have camplus? If so I think you can help train the AI and press the send to wyze button and then hit “dog barking” under clips where your dog is barking. This will help train the new Wyze sound AI.

I don’t have campus.

“Maybe”. Not so much through a recognized dog bark, but a notification of just a noise. If you turn sound detection & notification on in Event Recordings and Notifications, The camera will notify you of any sounds it hears. However, I’ve never found it useful because it notifies you of most ANY sound. TV, you talking, whatever. You definitely can’t turn it on if the camera is outdoors. I thought I read somewhere that they were going to rework this function, but I don’t know if that is actually happening.

If you give it a try, I would start with Sound Detection Sensitivity under Detection Settings set to minimum. Have your dog bark, and see if it triggers. Then see how many other things trigger it, lol. :ear:

Thank you. I think that works!

Do you have Alexa/Echo devices? I believe they have the ability to detect barking dogs, crying babies, meowing cats, etc.

1 Like

Thank you Wildbill!