Cams work great...can't get plugs to pair

Interesting. I did try this with a Nokia 6.0 phone that I had lying around. Still didn’t work.

Ultimately, I sent the plugs back. Swing and a miss on the plugs Wyze

I too have two plugs that won’t pair. I’m using iphone/ipad and xfinity router. I’ve disabled 5G on the router, turned off data, re-booted and wyze never appears as another network to hook up to. I’m very close to sending them back. My cam works great. Too bad.

Welcome to the community, @bobandri. Some people have success trying a different device to setup the plugs. I had the same issue trying to add my mother-in-laws plug to her account. I signed in to her account using my phone, and was then able to add it. Weird…I know…

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, please file a Support Request. You can also submit a request from within the Wyze app by going to Account > Help & Feedback > Report an Issue. The latter method will allow you to include an app log for diagnosis. (Note that if you are using a beta version of the app, the log will be sent to the dev team rather than Wyze Support.)

It is sad that we have to all but stand on our heads to get this product line to work correctly. One of two of my cameras is down and I’m 1000 miles away with no way to fix it. I plan on replacing them with something, anything else when I return. I’ve already returned my plugs.
Not all of us are of the Geek nature skilled enough to bypass the flux capacitor with mid range broad band modifiers and reroute signals so the streams don’t cross nor do all of us have another device to set up these products. I guess it’s all about caveat emptor, now isn’t it.

Thanks for the reply. I have tried setting up with my iphone and my ipad. Maybe I should try my wife’s phone too.

I do have a ticket with support (469357) but we haven’t figured out a solution yet so I thought I’d try this route also.

1 Like

I couldn’t have said it better.

There is a way to do it and it isn’t user friendly (intuitive). It has to do with not waiting until the plug software says the plug connects, but rather that you have to go back and reconnect with your internet provider. I don’t have any plugs with me, but I was able to connect them all back up in October after taking them off line all summer. When you go through the steps I think the plug ID is being accessed as the internet connection when you initially try to connect them up, so as the final step of connecting is processing, try and set your phone back to using your provider connection. Then the plug starts to work properly. In other words, don’t wait for the prompt that says plug is connected, because it won’t be until you get back to using your provider as your internet connection.

The other thing I found out was that you have to do each plug, one at a time, starting over from step one, etc. You can’t just plug them into an outlet and then try connecting them consecutively. I keep the plugs unplugged and then connect one plug at a time. At least that is how I have done it the last three times I set them up.

I hope this helps. I have had the plugs for over a year now and have had no failures. I control my lights from 1000 miles away.