Cams auto-switching video quality

Wow. When viewing a cam in a group, I’ve seen it do a noticeably delayed ‘pop’ once from 360p to the preferred SD or HD when going from the group view to the single cam view, but never popping back and forth more than once?!?

Sounds almost like the resolution changes you sometimes see when fast forwarding videos in other circumstances…? Except Wyze doesn’t do fast forwarding…

Is this happening more in live view or SD card playback mode? Not that I have a specific suggestion either way, just curious…

Otherwise your comments re not working in less than perfect conditions seem to be the explanation…

Live view … i don’t spend much time backtracking “old” (recorded) feeds, cause i only use these cams to check current location of horses - mostly cause I’m too lazy to walk out to the pastures to check : )

1 Like

I too have recently experienced this issue, as well as many others, and have good reason to believe there will be many more as long as Wyze continues to add devices rather than focusing on perfecting their legacy product & app.

3 Likes

I have been experiencing this same behaviour over the last few days. I’m sure it’s just a hiccup… Right Wyze?!

Are those of you having this issue like me on the beta app?

Just happened to me again. I am not on beta.

(Still have a group; was in single cam view.)

Have you tried the new 2.11.40 app release? The Play Store offered it to my Android devices some time today.

I don’t have anything to report yet, just it mildly annoys me to see an upgrade that lists a few specific fixes and/or upgrades, then the last item is “bug fixes”.

So I’m always left wondering “what bug fixes? does it fix my extremely annoying bug? or cause new bugs? or just fix a bunch of bugs that don’t affect my situation? is there hope? or more frustration ahead?” :thinking:

All companies do it, but I don’t have to be happy about it. :wink:

1 Like

Maybe this kind of bug fixes:

:slight_smile:

No, haven’t updated the app lately.

1 Like

《 raises hand 》

1 Like

This seems to be happening every time I view the cameras lately. I just don’t always notice. This time (again today 6/11/20) was via iPhone still on v. 2.4.73. Yes, still in a group of two cameras.

Yes, my Wyze cam pan does the same thing. It covers the whole front area of my house and driveway so I set it to SD. Better for faces, license plates, etc. Check it later and it’s set to 360.

Yes. I am.

even after the last app update( 2 days ago beta android app ver.2.12.35) I am still having this issue of it dropping from HD to 360p when doing live view in both groups of 3 cams. 5 - v2 and 1 - pan cam.

1 Like

Well that reeks.

1 Like

I am also still having this issue. I set my cameras to HD, when I leave the camera view to the group view, and then come back into the camera view it switches to 360p. This is happening on all of my cameras. Plugin Version 12.6.48 and app 2.12.35

1 Like

Try erasing and recreating your groups again. @aleost84 @3rdwave

Firmwares : V2s: 4-9-6-156
Pans: 4-10-6-156
IOS: 2-12-30 and 2-12-50

1 Like

I have recorded this centipede creature as well.
Every night it flies around my pool.
I also have videos of an orb like light near by as well.