Cams and bulbs turning on and off randomly

Since the latest software and firmware upgrade I am noticing that the cams as well as the bulbs turn on and off randomly. We have no power outage as we have checked that. But I can go outside at Noon and the porch light is on. No rule set for that. Or I can be woke up at 3am to my bedroom lamp turned on to full brightness. Am I the only one (as usual) with these issues? My iphone app is Version V.2.9.24. My bulbs are 1.2.0.183, my V2 is 4.9.5.111 and the Pan Cam is 4.10.5.111.

I don’t understand why this is happening. I can’t have all of this just going on and off randomly. Please enlighten me. Thank you.

I really hope I"m not going to have to re add 6 cams, 6 bulbs and 6 plugs all over again. :frowning:

[Moderator Edit: Title changed to reflect the actual problem]

1 Like

Ooops sorry.

2 Likes

Not a problem. Just trying to make sure you get the assistance from the community you are requesting.

:slight_smile:

Have you checked the vacation mode and make sure it didn’t get turned on somehow? I’m running the same app version on my iPad and I’m not experiencing anything like this.

Vacation mode is disabled

:arrow_up: I really don’t think this would be necessary at all.

1. Try restarting your router and give it time to reconnect.
  2. Force close the Wyze app, then re-open it.

Ok same issue. The app shows that I randomly turn off the cams however I would be nowhere near the cams to turn them off. I never had this issue before the latest software/firmware update.

That is a very strange behavior. Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app? Power cycle the cams wouldn’t hurt either.

Maybe some of the other mavens can jump in here and advise. @Mavens

Yes I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I just changed my password just in case but I didn’t share with anyone. BTW: I don’t have Wyze synced with Alexa. I"m not a lover of AIs so it isn’t a routine from there.

1 Like

It just did it again on the cams. The bulbs stayed connected and did not turn off but the cams show that I turned them off. I even changed the password. The cams and app are useless if I’m constantly having these kind of issues though

Your issues seem to be related to connectivity issues. Are all your devices affected or just some?

Just some. And why was it fine til last software/hardware update and now this?

I’m not getting the little cloud with the slash, I’m getting the “This device has been turned off” message.

And why was it fine til last software/hardware update

I’m not saying that it is but it could be coincidental.

With the current events at hand most of the ISP providers are experiencing heavy customer usage and this could be effecting your internet connection. My internet has been up down slightly but it hasn’t effected my cams.

2 Likes

I’m having very random occurrences of the same behavior. I thought that probably I had accidentally turned off a group but now-maybe not. I have seen on a couple of occasions the group screen shot turned off but when i go to the individual cam it’s fine. Now that I see it’s more than my imagination I’ll dig and post back if I can can find anything.

1 Like

@StopICU33 - I’m expecting more of that.

1 Like

Ok yea that makes sense. I didn’t think about that. Funny though that during the times the cams are off they are still recording events. How is that possible?

1 Like

The cameras probably aren’t really “off”. They are just most likely not able to “phone home” with their status enough with the Wyze servers due to network congestion. Same issue that is causing my Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, etc. to keep buffering or run at lower resolutions.

3 Likes

Thanks. Yes I didn’t think of it but my Investigation Discovery shows are buffering. I didn’t make the connection at first.

5 Likes