CamPlus Videos Not Uploading

I just started receiving errors today for a V2 running with CamPlus. In the event tab there are videos listed with PERSON, VEHICLE and MOTION tags. When I attempt to view them I get an error message saying that the video wasn’t uploaded. Seems to be happening with all the CamPlus videos for at least the one camera. Haven’t tested others yet.

Anyone else having problems?

Yes, this has been an ongoing issue for a few weeks now.

Try turning off the ICLOUD BACKUP.
It worked for me.

I’m having the same issue and ICloud Backup is not on.

A message was put out b WYZE that they were having trouble with the site the other day.
The only other thing I do is SYNC and/or RESTART the camera. And that’s really all the options we have.

| slsharpe
June 21 |

• | - |

I’m having the same issue and ICloud Backup is not on.

This has been an issue for weeks now.

Mine is working better.
Have to sync them alot.

| holocron
June 21 |

• | - |

This has been an issue for weeks now.

Anyone has any solid solution on this one? It looks as if like Wyze is trying to force their customers their upgrade to V3. I bought a 5 CamPlus licenses and assigned 3 licenses to V3 and 2 licenses to V2.

And this issue only happen on my V2, it’s working perfectly fine on my V3. The notification shows videos were captured but unable to play with the error message.

Initially I did a powercycle and now i added a smart plug to powercycle my V2 devices everyday. It solved the issue for a moment, maybe less than an hour that i am able to play the CamPlus recorded video, but after that the issue comes back.
I also did remove V2 from CamPlus, and then reassign the V2 cam back to CamPlus, it worked for less than 30mins and issue came back.
I also did a factory reset, and readd my V2 device back to the app. Same result, it worked for a moment, and the issue returns after about an hour.

I sent multiple complaints email and submit a log to Wyze, but not getting many helps there. I am trying to ask for a refund, but not being entertained as well.

To me, it’s an unfair business treatment for Wyze to do that to their loyal customers that they are acting as if they tried to force their customers to upgrade to V3. I hope this isn’t the case, and the team can help to provide a solid solution to the community who trusted them in the first place.

Latest firmware seems to have cleared this up.

Thanks @holocron for the update.

May i know what firmware is on your V2 Camera right now? I love to keep CamPlus, but currently it’s not working at all for me.

Unless i powercycle it every hour (like 24 times daily), then the CamPlus will work for every single hour after powercycle.

I have 4.17.1.123

| binbin
June 24 |

• | - |

Thanks @holocron for the update.

May i know what firmware is on your V2 Camera right now? I love to keep CamPlus, but currently it’s not working at all for me.

Unless i powercycle it every hour (like 24 times daily), then the CamPlus will work for every single hour after powercycle.

Weird, your V2 Camera is on a 4.17.1.123 firmware?

My V2 camera is showing an up to date firmware version of 4.9.7.608, it looks like i am far behind on firmware just by the numbering.

My V2 camera is on firmware 4.36.3.11, and these cameras are working fine with CamPlus…only the V2 that i am having an issue.

I have the same issue. I have two v.2 cameras and have subscribed to camplus. My firmware version is 4.9.6.241. After setting up the camplus subscription the recordings work as expected, however, within an hour they default back to 12 seconds / 5 minute cooldown. After a powercycle the recordings begin to work again - albeit only for about an hour again.

Had similar problems with my system.
Try shutting down camplus.
I did and my problems went away.

| ian.m
July 19 |

• | - |

I have the same issue. I have two v.2 cameras and have subscribed to camplus. My firmware version is 4.9.6.241. After setting up the camplus subscription the recordings work as expected, however, within an hour they default back to 12 seconds / 5 minute cooldown. After a powercycle the recordings begin to work again - albeit only for about an hour again.