Welcome to the community @Oli . I am a community member like you and try to help out when I can.
If you could provide the following:
- App Device and Version
- Firmware of one of the camera’s being used. I understand that you are on the latest version, but this changes frequently and some of us are beta testing Firmware and apps.
Now, I have experienced this issue on a number of occasions, especially when there is activity going on outside, like a windy day. I am currently working with Wyze on this as it appears some of the issue is related to the live event stream starting before one of the AI options is in frame. If motion has started and then someone walks into frame several seconds later, Wyze may not alert as it took longer than expected and the event processor will switch to motion. it will be eventually tag the event with the AI options. They are working on a new AI process and enhancing notification speeds and options, so in time it should be more consistent.
With that said, here are other items which could be causing your issues:
There was/is an issue where the Toggles appear to be correct, but the UI actually indicates to not alert. To correct this, do the following. I had to do myself as I was not being alerted either:
- Start Live stream of a Camera
- Click ont he Gear located at the Top Right
- Click on Event Recording
- Click on Cam Plus AI Detection
- Toggle all options off
- Back out to the main event Screen
- Go back to the Cam Plus AI Detection
- Toggle the options you would like to be notified on
- Back out to the Main menu
- Back Out to Main Settings Screen
- Go into Notifications
- Toggle off Wyze AI and ALl Motion if on, then Toggle off Notifications
- Back out to main setting screen
- Go back to the Notification Options
- Toggle on what you want
This should take care of it, Once I did this, my notifications started to work again.
If you have Alexa Devices, you can add a Notification option to routines so that you are notified, via your Mobile device, if the Camera’s detected a person for example. you can also have Alexa Announce when it detects a person as well. This seems to be consistent and works quickly as well.
These are a few things to try. Will be interested to see if it helps. If not, we can potentially look at other options.