CamPlus Event Detection stopped working since Saturday

What isthe point of paying for a subscription. Im paying to get notifications of persons who enter my cameras xone not all motions fix the issue i getting tired of motion notification. Motion notification can mean anything this is total BS person notification not working wyze be somewhat wyze and fix your app.

2 Likes

Yea I have 4 V2s. A lot of us had CamPlus detection problems for a few months around the new year and it seemed to get fixed about 2 months ago. But I noticed since the weekend that person and vehicle detection once again is very very bad. Probably 15% accurate, compared to 95+% in the past for me.

I tried to disable and re-enable detection but it seems to only work for a short time. Pretty disappointed they can’t seem to fix this issue once and for all…they used to be so good.

2 Likes

Im having the same issue but only on one v3 with cam plus. All others with cam plus or cam lite have functioning AI notification . Has been happening last couple weeks. All settings are as they were originally for AI notifications only. Have half frame detection zone enabled. It will record the motion but not be flagged as person or vehicle at all. It used to work well and my other cams are picking up persons most of the time. Running android beta app and latest
Firmware on problem cam v3

Mine as well (CamV3) stopped detecting persons since Apr-22-2022. Has always been working fine until that day. I called several times support lines, wrote several emails where I had to re-explained everything.

I noticed that if we turn off the detection zone, AI detections resume. Looks like there’s a regression related to the zone detection feature, that has been inserted in the algorithm on Apr-21 during the night (eastern north america zone)

1 Like

Stopped working for me as well kind of annoying since their products seem terribly buggy lately. Paying for cam plus and it doesn’t even work. I’ve tried disabling it and reenabling it multiple times. Don’t see why these products have so many minor issues.

1 Like

It’s here! Fix it Friday is open for all users to voice critical problems directly to Wyze.

The amount of time and effort I spend trying to"fix" something in the app to get these cameras to do what they’re supposed to do is severely frustrating… Am I expecting too much out of a security system to be able to be notified of an event happening in view of a camera in a timely fashion?? And to not have to continually format micro SD cards, reset cameras, delete cameras and reinstall, or log in and out of the app?? Because in the last month and a half that is basically what I have spent my spare time doing.

6 Likes

Unplugging each individual camera seemed to have worked for me.

Please let us know if it keeps working after a few days. Unplugging only seems to work a short time in the past.

Same is happening to me. I turned off detection zones for my cams and it seems to help but not 100%. Now the amount of events I am getting from 14 cams is ridiculous because the wind is blowing and a tree, garden flag etc moves. Paying for a service that does not work in manner expected or advertised is making me extremely dissatisfied with Wyze these days. I hope they solve for this issue.

3 Likes

Come on Wyze !!! Tell us if you fixing the detection problem… I almost got broken into cause your damn people detection didn’t work if it haven’t been my neighbor I were have been and then there were been trouble like maybe a lawsuit… come on Wyze get you OKOLE out of the hole and info us or fix it… Thanks

3 Likes

I agree this is getting out of hand :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Same issues as everyone else in this thread. I was satisfied with notifications, detection zones, etc until about 2 weeks ago. Now that’s totally broken on my V3 Cam Plus cams. It’s crazy that I’m paying for this service when Cam Plus LITE works better on my V2 cams.

2 Likes

After following instructions to remove detection settings and enable sound notificationson my cameras in order to begin to get proper event notifications and phone notifications, my home data usage went from 114 MB per day to an average of 5 GB a day!! I had events for almost every minute of the day for a period…mostly capturing wind outside. It has been almost a week and a half since I have had correct event notifications, and the system has worked the way it should. Again, this is a very recent issue but the longer it takes to fix the issue the more DISAPPOINTED I am that I chose this product…

Same issue here. I have also picked up you can no longer setup wyze detection in Alexa routines. As soon as you select the wyze cam you just get a blank screen

Gadzooks, and here I thought something was wrong with my programming of the camera or the camera itself… Even reformatted the SD card and deleted all rules hoping that would fix it.

But this issue has been going on for almost 2 weeks!. Unsat Wyze…

Same problem here, On Wednesday a firmware update was done on my outdoor cam and the camera hasn’t been working properly since.
Was with customer service for hours and nothing.
I think the firmware damage my camera internally. The cam is only 2 months old

Same. I have Cam Plus subscription for 9 devices. As of today, none of the devices are recording beyond 12 seconds. Have gone back two weeks in Events and am seeing the same display despite the Events having functioned correctly a few days ago. Have unassigned all devices and reassigned. Also restarted all devices. No change in Event behavior.

Same problem. How to get it fixed?

I have the same issue, tried the same things, still only 12 seconds.