Cameras showing still photos, not videos

I have several cameras: three regular, two pans. This morning, all of the cameras are showing a still photo when I look at the capture. Not a video, a still. It is the weirdest thing. The playhead moves like it’s a video, but there is no movement, just a still photo.

I know there is something moving on the camera(s) – one of them is in my chicken house, and that chicken moves all the time! :wink:

Are we having any issues with the servers? Or what is happening?

Hi, @julia! I’m not aware of any server issues. All my cameras playback and cloud events are working. I haven’t seen any other feedback with this either. Have you tried a power-cycle on the camera?

When you say “capture” are you referring to the 12 sec cloud events or playback? I assume you are talking about the playback on the SD card. Is this correct? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

hi @julia!

How far are you cameras from your router? I experienced this in 2 different situations 1. when my cameras were to far from my router, and when I went to play it would show the play bar moving, but no video was “playing” just the initial screen. The second was with an older device that was not able to start the playback right away.

1. Do you have an SD card in your camera, that records your events as well as sends them to Wyze? ( if so I would try to play them on a computer to make sure its not the SD card that has an issue.

2. If you do not have an SD card, and your device only sends recorded events to the Wyze servers ( Your internet service could be lagging and or Router distance could be to far and causing a bad connection and not sending a clean upload of the video)

Just some thoughts. Good Luck and keep us posted on your results!

1 Like

The videos appear to be working now. But I’ll answer your questions anyway:

– I have Google WiFi, with a bridge unit near every camera (no WiFi issues here)
– I have an SD card in every camera (I doubt that all five SD cards would give up the ghost at the same time :wink: )
– How does the video information get to the phone? I know that sounds like a weird question, but, based on what you said about my recorded events not actually going through the Wyze servers, could it be something with the phone app? (I actually tried on both my iPhones, and the same problem happened on both.)

Like I said, it appears to be working now (with recent videos, and I also went back and looked at this morning’s videos). An anomaly? The Russians? I dunno…

2 Likes

I have five cameras – they were all experiencing the same problem. Not going to power cycle all five :wink:

The capture I referred to is the 12-sec cloud event; tbh, I didn’t check the playback.

See my answers below for further info :slight_smile:

Glad to hear the videos are working now.

If all five cams were misbehaving, it must have been another alien attack. Lol :grin: