Cameras constantly offline

@shannonm & @MyCameraSucks, welcome to the user forum!

@shannonm: I have a PanCam V1 that I have been using for over a year now. The FW is up to date and I have not experienced any offline issues. There are many factors that can and do affect the cam connection thru the network. In order to see the cam on the home screen and in the live view, the cam has to authenticate and navigate your WiFi & gateway\modem, then travel thru cloud to Wyze and authenticate in your account, then return trip to your device where it all has to do the same to connect. There is actually a lot of things that can cause problems. I have found that too many items on my old router caused dropouts. I upgraded to a strong mesh router with an extender and have much fewer drops.

@MyCameraSucks:

It sounds like you have the Cam Outdoor. I do not have one of these and can’t really provide much help. I do see a lot of chatter though about the changes to the subscription plans \ FW updates causing your issue. See this:

You can also search the forums or reach out to @towelkingdom, @Antonius, or @Seapup who all have extensive experience w\ the WCO.

@michaelz, like you, I also installed smart plugs on all my cams. However, the Wall Wart Wyze sells just wasn’t attractive to me. I am glad I didn’t now that I see the FW fiasco they have created. I chose a different brand that didn’t block out any other outlets. As for the notifications… Yes. Notification latency is a real issue that is not being addressed.

1 Like