Camera's at multiple residents

So I have camera’s at my house and can view them on the app. I also want to put camera’s are my mother’s house and have it so me and my brother can view her cameras. So what do I need to do so that I can see both sets of cameras but my brother can only view my mothers?

Set up all the cameras at both locations using your Wyze account. You will be the admin essentially. Then have him create his own Wyze account and share your mother’s cams with him. :slightly_smiling_face:

OK… Thanks. I knew this would have to be a common thing. Not sure how to do that, but I understand the concept.

This should get you started:

Few key things to remember are:

1. the shared user can NOT view any old/archived (“playback”) footage that you may have saved if you are using SD cards in your cams.

2. the shared user CAN view old events and live footage.

3. the shared user CAN turn any shared cameras OFF. So hopefully the shared user is both trustworthy and competent.

Note - this may have changed, and sharing controls are promised to be improved by November or so, but this is the best of my recollection.

Hey @sodcam ! Nice (and surprised) to see you. I did a double take there, and checked - you took a nice long vacation from the forum. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I assume that the camera’s and base station need to be set up on the wireless router at the location I am going to set them up. I unplugged my base station and plugged in the new one and tried to sync the 2 cameras
and they fail to sync. I am using new base station with those new cameras. Even if I need to do it at the other location to get connected to proper network… why wouldn’t they sync. The camera were less than 5 inches from the base station.