Camera won't recognise SD Card

This worked like a charm many thanks

Same thing is happening to me and im usinng the actual wyze sd card that came with my V2. Tried reformatting and power cycles. If all fails i’ll have to just do a replacement at home depot.

Brand new SanDisk 32GB UltraPlus micro SD card. No dice.
Formatted with Win10 FAT32. No dice.
Formatted with SD Card Formatter 5.0.1 from SanDisk site. Still No dice.
Suggestions?

Have you cleared all the cache?
Do you have a GOOD power source?
I’ve had problems w/ USB cords.

Have you tried the one micro SD card? When and where did you buy the camera, and what type is it?

The camera is a Wyze Cam v2 with 4.9.4.108 firmware. Power seems fine to the camera. I tried another micro SD card, but it too was not recognized. Bought both cameras and the working SD from Amazon. I have a working Pan Cam. I guess I could swam SD cards between them. Hope it doesn’t break both…

If that doesn’t work, keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, please file a Support Request. Depending on the nature of the problem, rather than use the website link, it is helpful to submit an App Log and/or a Firmware Log.

If anyone has a problem about no SD card issue, check that your Wyze V2 is eligible for replacement .
https://replacement.wyzecam.com/

Contact support. My original 2 cams would not hold the SD card. They would not pop into place. It was a defect in a batch of cams and they replaced both cams. Not had a problem since.

All,
After swapping SD cards from a working cam, to the other cam, WYZE support replaced the camera.
Great Customer support for a cheap cam. SOLID!!! I will continue to recommend these.
Thanks, Kev

1 Like

Hello, you can first plug your SD card to another devices, like PC or Mac to check whether the problem is on your card or the port of your camera. If it’s the problem of SD card, you can format the card to have try. But before the format, you should make a backup in advance. Or you can download the Bitwar Data Recovery to avoid data loss. Hope it’s not too late to give the answer. Have a nice day.

I followed the directions to use the scan disk formatting tool as I had a Scan Disk 32 GB high speed MSD card. I used the FAT32 format as that what is recommended by Wyze. I also followed the instructions to safe eject the card. When inserting the card I noticed it does show you an orientation of how the card should be inserted into the camera. I followed that and received the aforementioned by others “happy gong” sound. I did not have to reboot my camera. I went online with the camera and was no longer getting the “no sd card inserted” error message. I should mention I was going to install the cameras latest firmware first before inserting the card but as the firmware install failed twice I gave up. But clearly works with not the very latest. I am using V2.5.36. Hope this helps others.

This works!!

thank you, fixed it!..this was driving me crazy…:slight_smile:

Used the SanDisk formatting solution on a non-sandisk micro SD and it worked perfect. Make sure the SD card is inserted while the camera is off so it recognises it when it’s turned on.

Just changed routers and had to reprogram everything (phones, pads, T’stat, cameras,etc) with the new router and password. When I got to the Wyze cameras the camera wouldn’t recognize the micro card; kept giving me the “no card” error message. After trying a few other things, went to this site and saw folks were re-formatting the card. Placed the card(s) in an adapter and formatted each card ( didn’t use the QUICK format) on the computer, plugged them back into their respective cameras and VOILA; ding, ding! Thanks for the help!!!

2 Likes

I was having the same issue. SD card not being recognized. I downloaded the scandisk formatting tool, ejected the card from the PC when finished, and re-installed in my pancam. The card was recognized and I then formatted it in the camera, it now works like a charm.

2 Likes

I was having problems getting 2 Wyze cam pans to accept the SD card and recognize the SD cards. After inserting the SD cards the cameras would not DING and the SD cards would not format or give a format error, always defaulting back to NO CARD INSTALLED. The camera would not respond to remote input from the app, sometimes hanging the app and would always reset every 2-3 minutes if the SD card was left in the camera

The cameras worked fine without the SD Cards.

I tried all of the suggestions listed and nothing seem to work.

as a last resort before contacting Wyze, I manuallly updated the firmware to the cameras following the directions at this location.

now everything seems to work fine.

I would try re-flashing the firmware manually also if you have problems.

I got my pan-cam to recognize the 32G SD card. All I did was disconnect the power-cord at the base of the camera, remove the card, wait a minute, then reconnect the power cord and re-insert the SD card. Couldn’t hear the ‘beep’ because I’m nearly deaf, but when I checked the camera on my cell phone, it was recognizing the card.

1 Like

Had the same issues. This site worked for me. SD Memory Card Formatter | SD Association

When I formatted with my pc it would not read. Read right away after using this program.

1 Like