Camera stopped working last week suddenly

My Camera stopped working suddenly a week ago. I have submitted a ticket with WYZE Support last Monday 1/5/2019 but have not recieved any responses yet: Wyze Ticket 159454

1. Camera Powers on
  2. Scans QR Code Successfully
  3. Never connects to the Wifi - the Countdown goes from 120 seconds to 0
  4. Camera says “Unable to Connect to Local Network”

I have a second Wyze CAM that has been working great for serveral months. Same Wifi Network. I have done the following:

1. Deleted Camera from App
  2. Signed out of App and Cleared Data / Cache, attempted to reload camera
  3. Performed a reset on camera by holding the “Push to Connect” button the back, and then plugging the power back in
  4. Flashed the firmware manually by copying the file to the SD Card and forcing the Wyze Cam to update firmware on the next power up, which successfully completes.

Yet, still the camera refuses to connect to the local network. However, it was working fine for two months prior to last week. I think I have a dud.

I had the exact same problem and send a ticket on 12\29\18 and still didn’t receive a reply from them I even emailed one of their employees who I sow his post on the forum and he didn’t reply
So much for customer service so unprofessional

1 Like

I agree, customer service is a joke. Not even a response saying “Due to high number of inquiries, we may not get to your issue on time, etc” I would like to perform a warranty exchange. At this point, I don’t even want to continue troubleshooting this camera, after spending so many nights trying to get it up and running.

I’m sorry about this and for my delay getting here. We’re definitely further behind on our tickets than we would like to be and we’re sorry for the wait. I’m going to make a note of this link and check on your tickets when in the office (I’m still not in the office yet and apologize for the inconvenience). @captainm27, you’ve been doing a great job with troubleshooting and I’ll do what I can to see that you get a quick resolution.

@taif.altaee, may I please have your support ticket number?

1 Like

Thank you. Yes, my support ticket is 159454.

I have flashed the firmware on this camera 3 times already. Same results, it just fails to connect. I just don’t understand, it was working perfectly fine for a couple of months. Then out of blue it stopped connecting. I have not been able to get it to connect since. I have a second Wyze CAM that has been working like a champ. Anyway I can get this exchanged?

Thank you so much,

1 Like

You’re welcome! I took over responding to your ticket. If you could send me your shipping address as a response to the email I sent you, I’ll get your replacement going ASAP. I agree that it sounds like this camera is a dud.

My cameras were working great and then the same thing happened to me. I’ve tried to get them back up and running but they won’t connect to the network.

Mine suddenly just stopped working and started ticking, Then when I restarted, unplugged it and tried everything it would only say ready to connect over and over again.
Frustrating. Nothing has changed in the house.
Been working fine for months.

@cindy and @vcw11254,

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, please file a Support Request. You can also submit a request from within the Wyze app by going to Account > Help & Feedback > Report an Issue. The latter method will allow you to include an app log for diagnosis.

what was the resolution to ticket #159454. I have the same identical issue and have been issued ticket # 432334.