Camera stop working since last update

Since april 22…the last update. 3 of my 7 camera are dead. Cant reboot them. I have try to disconnect them but nothing work … someone can help please ?

1 Like

Can you be more specific?
Any status light?
Any response on Wyze app?
Move cam closer to Wifi router and retry
Is there an SD card in it? If yes, remove it and plug it in again and see what happens

What kind of Update?
app (ios or Android?)
firmware
sd card?
power cable?
lens?

If could provide some additional info that would be very helpful.
Also, If you need to pursue this further here, in general, to assist you better, it helps the forum folks to know:

-Phone or other Device type and OS version on phone/tablet

-Wyze Device Type and model,

-Wyze app version. (Home Screen/Account/About). Beta or Production Version

-Firmware version installed on Wyze device (Settings (gear icon top-right)/Device Info/ Firmware Version) - “latest” and “up to date” are subjective and will change as updates occur

-Type of router (brand, model, is it from your ISP?). Is your WiFi using a dual band or a single SSID broadcast. Most importantly, are you on the 2.4g band?

-Distance from your router your Wyze device (Cam, etc) is located

-number and type of obstructions between router and device (s). Walls, metal or electronics, etc.

-Signal strength and quality at the Wyze device (Settings/Device Info/Wifi Signal Strength)

Any or all of this that you can provide would be useful!

My setup was working properly since 2 years. I have 2 camera at the same spot. I have done the latestupdate and it stop working. No light and nothing with internet. Its the update the problem. It was with cameras…ive disconnected them and now only 1 isnt working. Cannot do anything with that … lets focus on the update not the router and stuff please

2 Likes

If you don’t want to work thru the options here, the only thing I can suggest is that you either
Find an Earlier Version Firmware
And Flash It 0r Open a Ticket with Wyze Support

1 Like

“What” was updated? Firmware or phone app? Or both?
And you never stated what versions you’re running

2.10.36 now.

Im almost sure it was the firmware. Ive got a mesdage update when ive started the app.

This is what frustrates me about the Wyze community, they want to blame everything BUT the update or camera. I’ve had very similar issues in the past but, without me changing anything, they resolved themselves. And given I made no changes, these fixes had to have come thru in a firmware or app updates. When I had similar problems, the community did exactly the same; they blamed my system, not the firmware, app or general Wyze system. Comments like:

just let Wyze off the hook. It’s a very codependent relationship.

awaiting flame responses

1 Like

Just to be clear, the “2.10.36” is the phone app version.
So, what firmware version are we at?

I’m sorry you feel that way. I didn’t think a request for more info in order to try assist would be construed as ‘blaming’ anything. I did make a second suggestion to rollback firmware, with links to the source of finding files and instructions to use them.

Please remember this is a user to user community. All the forum Moderators and Mavens are volunteers, they try to help with things they can, this usually includes wifi and internet connections or in the instance of a firmware issue, reflashing the firmware.

To get help from WYZE for specific issues with updates or firmware your best shot is to file a support ticket with them directly.

I am sorry you haven’t had a good experience in the community, if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

I had a similar problem with the last update but in only one of my 9 cameras. What I did to fix it was unplug the camera and remove the microsd card from the bottom of the camera. I then plugged the camera back in and pushed the reset button on the bottom of the camera for about 20 seconds. I then setup the camera just like I did when I first got it. After I got it working I went into the advanced settings and then local storage On the app and turned it on. Then I plugged the microsd card back in and formatted it. The camera is now working properly again. Hope this helps. Regards.

Im gonna try it this week end… hard to reach the cam. Thanks !

Oh by the way whenever I format my card in the camera it always says that it didn’t complete but when you check to see the amount left on the card it always had formatted. I am using Samsung endurance 128 gig cards. Good luck.

Same here. Not only hard to reach the cam but you may have to move the cam close to the router while running the setup then move cam back to its location. Of course it can be done but frustrated. It should be resolved via software/firmware update.

Get an old Wifi router as repeater close to camera.