Camera slowly drifting from the waypoint position

I have 2 wyzecam pans and both of them are having the same issue, they slowly over time drift to the left from the waypoint i have defined.

Basically the setup is to have the camera have a single waypoint to point it at my door, and have motion tracking enabled, that way it’ll follow any motion it detects then return back to the waypoint.

The waypoint works great for a while, but over time (3 weeks in my case) it will drift to the left, quite a bit, it’s now like 20-30 degrees counter clockwise when it goes to the waypoint.

rebooting the camera or clicking “reset” on the motor controls reset position does NOT fix the angle. I have to manually move the camera to the angle i want and reset the waypoint.

PS: The base is not rotating.

PPS: I was just trying to test both resetting the position and restarting which somehow cleared my waypoint so it invalidated my test :slight_smile:

I don’t know the answer, so I’d suggest you file a support ticket to get an official response from Wyze.

I am also experiencing this issue. After about a days worth of motion tracking, the pans centered point keeps drifting counter clockwise. After a few days, it almost at 90° off.
I keep having to retarget the center position.

Is the base moving or is the waypoint actually changing. If the former, the only solution might be to more firmly attach it to the surface. If the latter, I think you’ll need to file a support request and submit the logs so they can try to examine what’s going on.

The base is bolted down. It’s not shifting or going anywhere.
The waypoint is shifting.
How would you enable logs?

When you submit a support ticket from within the app, it will ask you if you want to include the logs or not.

I have two Wyze Pan Cams one of which is OK the other over the course of the day drifts to the left. The software installed is version 4.10.2.31

The base is solid and is not going any where.

I have rebooted, re-centred, boot having no luck.

Is there a solution to this?

No resolution, no exchange or refund.

I wished I had read this thread before buying. I am having this problem with overshooting motion tracking as well and opened a ticket. I had no response for 6 days, so I decided to contact them for a refund or exchange. On the 7th day, I got a response and asked if happening on just one unit? Responded back “Yes it only on 1 unit, it’s my only pan cam. It’s seems to be an issue according to your forums.” Final response came " spoke with our lead tech and he advised to perform the option in Settings, Advanced Settings, and Motor Controls to Reset Position. We won’t be able to replace that particular unit since it is mounted outdoors but I’m hoping this will restore its waypoint feature."

I have mounted this unit outside with a housing, this is how they can refuse any responsibility for a know issues.

I have the same problem. As a matter of fact, I just finished resetting the waypoint settings on one of my pan cams.

I believe this has more to do with your network traffic, packets, and bandwidth. Essentially false packets get sent the cam.

Might try subnetting a network only for the cams.

Camera drifting occurs on high end telepresence cameras too. We solve by giving the devices their own network.